Axl & AC/DC?

Yer Blues

I'm a bigger fan of Axl's voice than probably anyone on TGP, but I don't think he'd sound good for two hours doing AC/DC stuff.
Not too mention we are only two weeks away from GNR playing back to back nights with Slash and Duff back in Vegas and then Coachella and whatever else they end up adding. He's been so invested in GNR his entire life... 15 years or whatever for Chinese Democracy. Is he suddenly going to drop the ball on that to go play a few shows with AC/DC?

Yer Blues

He'll do whole lotta rosie and that's it. My guess
He did Riff Raff with GNR within the last 2-3 years.

I could maybe see it if it was a year or two ago when things were inactive.... but hey Duff's back! Slash is back! We're playing Coachella! I'm going to go sing with AC/DC!!

So maybe Fortus, Ferrar join up with Slash, Duff, and Myles Kennedy and we get Velvet Revolver 2.0!

Yer Blues

Not a good choice imo

For the 3rd time Jack Black is it. He'd be entertaining, funny, energetic, anxious to hit as many notes as he could...all while doing a pretty lyrically thorough job imo
AC/DC fans could embrace him while movie fans would attend as well.
Jim Brewer??

Yer Blues

^^^ But for 2 plus hours??? Even at a 2.5 hour Guns gig he is getting breaks on some of the songs and not using the raspy voice the entire night. AC/DC would pretty much mean rasp full on the entire night.

I guess if it's a band you like up to maybe you take the opportunity. I'd certainly bail on either of my bands for a month or so if I was offered the second guitar spot in AC/DC or GNR. :)

27sauce

I'd rather see Axl struggling out there than Brian Johnson. At least I wouldn't feel sorry for him. Johnson hasn't looked like he's wanted to be out there in years.

sanrico

^^^ But for 2 plus hours??? Even at a 2.5 hour Guns gig he is getting breaks on some of the songs and not using the raspy voice the entire night. AC/DC would pretty much mean rasp full on the entire night.
Yeah, I thought the same thing. I don't know. Axl when he was younger, maybe. It's a hard vocal gig. Even Brian Johnson couldn't do it anymore.

micycle

Someone shared that on FB and I thought it was an Onion article or something. It kind of makes sense though. I'd still rather have Brian Johnson though (but who wouldn't!) If I had tickets I'd be returning them.

sanrico

Curious, how many here would pay to see the current lineup with Axyl? no opinions. Just wondering. No for me.
I think I would actually pay. When I heard that Brian Johnson was out, I thought, "No way would I go see them with a replacement singer." I think Axl might be interesting in that role, though.

If Jack Black had the range, I'd definitely pay to see them. No on Jim Breuer....unless he promised to sing all the songs as Goat Boy.

Trending Topics