• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Axl Rose refuses Rock and Roll Hall of Fame honor

Powderfinger

Platinum Supporting Member
Arguing about artistic merit is kind of a black hole of subjectivity, but just in terms of pure commercial success it's a little silly that artists like Boston, Journey, Kiss, Chicago, The Cars and Peter Frampton aren't in. I mean how can you have a rock and roll museum without these guys?

guitaristanyc

She absolutely deserves to be in. She paved the way for the Brittneys and the Gagas. She was much more dangerous than most hard rock bands in her day.
:rotflmao:rotflmao

No. Wrong answer. Nice attempt at revisionist history, though!

Paving the way for for Britney and Gaga should be considered a felony, by the way.

jtm622

Actually, wasn't it the new version of the old 1950's kiddie TV show - The Mickey Mouse Club - that paved the way for the "Brittneys"???

:)

hawkeye17

I'm torn because I despise Axl almost as much as I despise the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame. How the hell does Donovan get into that institution before Kiss, Rush and Iron Maiden??

smcgov

The problem with the Rolling Stone Magazine's HOF is that it's somewhat ethnocentric - in that it seems to have a bias in favor of the musical "culture" of New York City and the east coast...

Those folks that an interested New Yorker would find to be the most deserving of going into the HOF are not evern close to the same folks who someone residing in California, Texas, Illinois, Michigan, etc., would find to be deserving...

I mean, WTF, Gladys Knight and the frigging Pips??? How does Rolling Stone Magazine keep a straight face???
agreed 100%...they worship the Patti Smith's of the world but look down upon a Yes or Rush...

veus55

Platinum Supporting Member
It is clear that Axl's reason for declining is his hatred to other G&R members. (Slash)

He is a selfish a*****e

Trending Topics