B-52 At212 Questions.

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by The Hammer, May 19, 2015.

1. The Hammer

The Hammer Member

I've had this amp since 2006 but got out of playing shortly after. Before I stopped I replaced all the tubes with a JJ high gain full tube kit from Eurotubes. I just got back in to playing about 3 weeks so I pulled it out of storage and started cleaning it up. I guess I never biased it after replacing the tubes because upon checking it was set at a wimpy 23ma instead of the proper 45ma. The reverb tank was busted from way back so I replaced it with a MOD 2-coil long decay tank. I've read up on some of the issues people have had with these amps (overheating, some actually catching fire, crappy wiring, ect.) and would like to know if anyone has upgraded these for reliability? Selling it really isn't an option because I honestly love the tone I get from it. I don't gig with this amp, it's going to be used for practice and the occasional jam session. The only thing I'm planning right now is to add a fan just to be on the safe side, although it never seems to get that hot like some people have reported.

tl;dr

Amp works perfect as is, just looking for ways to keep it reliable.