B string buzzes when I press down on A string ?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by Asimauve, Apr 18, 2015.

1. Axeaholic

Axeaholic Supporting Member

noticed this recently, no buzz on any open notes on Strat Plus except when I press down on A string, suddenly the B string starts buzzing , any idea where to start with this ?

2. Bluplirst

Bluplirst Supporting Member

you sure its not the A string between your finger and the nut buzzing sympathetically with the B?

3. Axeaholic

could be, is this normal ? doesn't seem to happen on other guitars

If I play open string, no buzz, even a chord no buzz, the moment my finger touches the A string and I play the b string ... buzzz

4. Axeaholic

noticed that raising the saddles slightly doesn't do a difference, raised bowed the truss rod a bit and lowered the saddles and poof ! buzz is gone ... weird

5. tamader74

tamader74 Supporting Member

Brother,...I don't know exactly where you live...but anywhere with any weather change a bit of a set-up is always needed on a Strat.,...I also am a Strat. Plus owner ('89) and I like to have my bridge floating a bit, and I can tell you once, twice a year it likes to 'float' a little too much (LOL).

Usually adjusting the saddle screws on a Strat. will just knock the guitar out of intonation, a little neck tweak (very little, sometimes just resetting the neck/tilt back screw) will fix the issue. Tom