Baby Pink Booster...where should I put it??!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Young Angus, Feb 20, 2015.

1. Young Angus

Young Angus Member

So I've got a BPB, also on the board is another boost a Heavy Electronics Ascend (great pedal...very different to the BPB)...either a Hotcake or an EGDM for dirt (currently a Hotcake because my other guitarist is using the EGDM) and then of course a wah and tuner before, and a delay and tremolo after.

Just wondering where I should put the BPB...should I use it before the dirt and early in the chain so it buffs the signal and pushes it through the pedals nice and clear, or does the buffer work better when you put it later in the chain so it repairs your signal? Also I have heard that if I put it after the dirt section it is pretty good...I'm thinking I could put it after my Hotcake, and then have the Ascend before it to add a bit of grit if needed...any thoughts?

2. MBT74

MBT74 Member

If you are using a Hotcake then the BPB won't matter because the Hotcake has a buffer anyway.

The question is more about how you wish to use the BPB. Do you want it to give you more overdrive or just drive your amp harder?

3. Young Angus

Young Angus Member

I guess my question is more related to the Bearfoot marketing where they say the BPB is what's in some of the special pedals, so if you put it after your drive section you can "deluxify" your drives...that just got me thinking.

I guess I want the BPB to give me more volume, so that would mean running it after my drive...hmmmm

4. MBT74

MBT74 Member

The BPB was used in pedals like the BJFE Honey Bee Deluxe. In that pedal it is run after the Honey Bee circuit so it boosts the output of the Bee rather than driving the clipping harder.

5. oil

oil Supporting Member

I put it after my drives. Fantastic pedal.

6. Young Angus

Young Angus Member

That's what I was after, the deluxe pedals etc.

Oh well might try it after my drives then...if I don't actually use my drives so they're all turned off and I'm just using the amp grit, does the buffer in the BPB work best earlier or later in the signal chain?

7. thiscalltoarms

thiscalltoarms more gadgets than Batman. Gold Supporting Member

Last before the amp for me.

8. Prof.Fuzz

Prof.Fuzz Supporting Member

Same here: Uber Bee > HBOD > Burgundy Bosshorn > Baby Pink > Skreddy Echo > Magnavibe > Basic Audio Kay Trem

I use it as a lead/volume boost. The Uber > HBOD stack gives me more drive/compression.