Baby's In Black Tremolo

Yr Blues

The tremolo on Baby's In Black was John tweaking George's volume pot. Is there a tremolo pedal that comes close?

Especially at the solo 1 minute in.

Last edited:

longgonedaddy

Supporting Member
Seems a bit too non-uniform/random for any pedal I’m aware of. Doesn’t have a consistent feel.
i agree a volume pedal is your best bet

John Quinn

That Harrison Guitar part has never sounded like any volume swell I've ever heard - to my ears it sounds like
Harrison is using the Bigsby on his Gretsch or Rickenbacker. I know the Beatles lore has said that Lennon was kneeling in front of George using the volume pot - I don't believe them - if anything I think that Lennon may have been the tremelo guy.

Yr Blues

That Harrison Guitar part has never sounded like any volume swell I've ever heard - to my ears it sounds like
Harrison is using the Bigsby on his Gretsch or Rickenbacker. I know the Beatles lore has said that Lennon was kneeling in front of George using the volume pot - I don't believe them - if anything I think that Lennon may have been the tremelo guy.
B25AE0BA-BF5A-41CF-8F69-675785F881D4.jpeg

openbar

Silver Supporting Member
The first two phrases of the solo do seem like volume swells, after that it’s Bigsby. Maybe they did patch it together? In any event, it’s not Tremelo.

zombiwoof

Supporting Member
The tremolo on Baby's In Black was John tweaking George's volume pot. Is there a tremolo pedal that comes close?

Especially at the solo 1 minute in.

That was on "I Need You" as I recall, volume swells with John manipulating George's volume control.
Al

urQuill

Supporting Member
Maybe ... the Sonuus Voluum could be set up to automate something like that ...? If you wanted to take the idea and run wild with it.

But to recreate a part close to what's in the song, I'd just use a simple volume pedal.

Trending Topics