1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Bacchus, Edwards Teles?

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by mvsr990, Jan 15, 2008.

1. mvsr990

mvsr990 Supporting Member

Not a lot of talk about the Telecasters (or Strats) compared to the MIJ Les Pauls/SGs.

These come in at roughly the same price, though different specs (Tele Custom Bacchus, standard Edwards) - are the two makers pretty much even in terms of quality?

Safe to say both compare well to MIA Fenders?

2. matte

matte Senior Member

i'd take (the japanese built)bacchus over edwards.

3. JLee

JLee Supporting Member

I've never played a Bacchus, but they are held in much higher esteem in Japan than Edwards.

4. Old Pucker

Old Pucker Member

Fender Japan are makin some pretty nice guitars these days. I recently acquired a CIJ 57 RI strat and it is simply amazing to play.

OP

5. Cthross

Cthross Member

I definitely like those Bacchus guitars. They look great, both the strats and the duke models. Tomo said the Bacchus guitars are really nice. That's definitely a +1 in my book.

6. unzari

unzari Member

Are Edwardfs Teles/Strats not made in Japan? What about their LPs?