Back In The Day (New Video)

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Furrymonki, Jul 11, 2018.

1. Furrymonki

Furrymonki Member

This is the title song from my second album and I think my classic rock and indie sensibilities are still intact. I am in love with and influenced by the historic bands of the 60's but listen to the best current rock and indie rock I can find. I am a fan of the Black Keys, the Rival Sons, the Foo Fighters and the Struts to name a few. I write the songs, play guitar and bring in heavyweight musicians -- Dave Scott, Brian Cunningham and Peter George to bring the songs to life. I am incredibly fortunate to have this kind of talent close by. I hope you like this song which brings us back to the 60's.

My albums on Bandcamp: https://scottleslie.bandcamp.com

Credits

Scott Leslie: Music & Lyrics, Guitars, Co-Producer
    Dave Scott: Vocals, Solo Guitar, Recording Engineer, Producer
    Peter George: Bass Guitar
    Brian Cunningham: Drums

Drawde likes this.
  2. Dasein

Dasein Member

This is great stuff -- so it's all current? yes?

3. Furrymonki

Furrymonki Member

Thanks Dasein! This is from my latest completed album. I am about halfway through a new album.

4. Dasein

Dasein Member

I gotta say man -- this is great stuff -- like really great. It's earnest, and self aware without being schmaltzy - a great homage to what growing up in the rock n roll era was about. Lyrically you maintained the narrative without being clumsy or tripping over words trying to force rhymes. Production is pretty period correct with a modern tweak - I'm torn between wanting a little more heat from the leads and liking the laid back sonics of them - Great pocket though - whoever played those has a real good sense of time and restraint. What would be great to add here would be some female or falsetto BG vocals here --- thinking a few Steve Miller style "whoo hoos" or similar... I think they'd give the track a lift and would sound awesome.

5. Furrymonki

Furrymonki Member

Wow! Thanks so much for the constructive input. I really appreciate it. When I composed the music, it wasn't purposely for a song about the 60's/70's. When I wrote the lyrics that all changed so my friend Dave Scott (you can find him on YouTube) played the guitar solos using a wah wah to try and bring some of that feel into the song. He also sings the song. I think he did well.