• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Back Pack for carrying amp ? (Blues Jr)

vhollund

Yep
Does it exist ?
I need it for Jam sessions and small gigs without a car.
It MUST exist. Everything exists right ? :)

doc

Silver Supporting Member
If it doesn't exist now, it will if you go to your local fabric store or sewing center and ask around for someone to make one for you. I'd probably get the hardware and straps off of a thrift store backpack and have a seamstress make a padded nylon bag with zipper top that fits your amp, then sew the straps on.

Pappy

Gold Supporting Member
I wonder if an amp cover company like studioslips could make something like that for you. While it may not exist, it seems worth asking if they could do it.

vhollund

Thanks

I think I will try your advise and design it myself

Maybe something like these bags

http://www.studioslips.com/contact.php

Design thoughts :

It will need a pair of very solid and comfortable carrying straps due to the weight

The two carrying straps will attache from the upper edge away from the body,
to 2 heavy nylon tissue "strips" (broad tissue bands, think parachute) attached all the way around the amp,
attaching all sides and carrying the weight of the amp, on the side away from body and down.

No weight/strain is exercised to the padded bag itself on a vertical level form this design ; some strain to the sides when taking on and of the back pack. But most strain should be the two nylon "strips"

The zipper, fragile so ,
on top side edges of the amp, running inwards towards the body (to open) and down to about the middle of the bag and to the other side ...same up and out.

the carrying straps attach to the nylon "strips" from the lower edge (not on the inside towards the body)

Will have to have extra padding on upper and lower edges inwards towards the body for comford

I'll have to let their experience speak too offcourse but i think it would work

OR I'll find myself a small bike trailer :)
Could be less of a hassle actually

Shinequwa

I agree on the studio slips recommendation. I'm sure they can make something that will work for you.

vhollund

Yes that's cool , I already have 2 I use for walking but when I go home late at nite I go by rental bike.
After looking at all options, I've decided to go with all enclosed padded bag, from a UK provider, and try to balance the amp on the lugagecarrier above the front wheel of the rental bike. Should work with a blues junior
No back pack , and no bike trailer for now ( for the price I can go home by cab 10 times :) )

Thanx all !

Trending Topics