1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Back to the Bad Monkey

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by IronChefChris, Mar 1, 2012.

1. IronChefChris

IronChefChris Member

I kicked it off the board a while ago for some more "boutique" stuff...I use a Fromel Go! (its a permanent fixture), used a TS clone, and a Monarch Overdrive and I recently went back to the Monkey.It's just a great pedal. Love it for a nice warm mild OD with the Fromel pushing it for leads. Just an outstanding pedal for the dough. Now that I've been on this page for awhile, I hate posting pics of my board with it but oh well...tone is tone and the Monkey rules. Just saying...

2. electrablue

electrablue Member

Me, too. I just put it back on my board and rediscovered it.

3. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

4. Telecaster62

Telecaster62 Member

The Monkey is a great pedal regardless of price. It's the only non-boutique drive that I still use.

5. afalls

afalls Member

I got one coming in the mail today! It's a JHS modded one though, looks fun...

6. bbenhull

bbenhull Member

gotta love 'em! I like mine (also re-discovered recently!) with a touch of compression in front of it set with the level maxed and the gain at about 25% with my Strat...

7. Caribou

Caribou Silver Supporting Member

Agreed-- still a very good pedal, even if it's not the first one I reach for.

8. your name here

your name here Supporting Member

Why not just rehouse it in a fancy box? Then you've got your tone, and presto! - your cachet is restored! :aok

9. strata189

strata189 Member

I "rediscover" mine about once a year. Great pedal. Fugly, but great.

10. ruger9

ruger9 Supporting Member

yup, if I had to, I could get by with nothing but a BM for drive, and be none the worse for wear. I preferred it to the klon. The monkey is just a "modded 808" so no wonder it's a great pedal...it started with a great platform.