back to the old girlfriend..girlfrien....girlfr....girl....gi

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Bradders, Mar 20, 2006.

1. Bradders

Bradders Member

Cardinal sin - I know, but i'm on the point of going back to the old girlfriend......

The new girlfriend, blew my mind, she was new on the scene, young and fresh and full of life, that I thought I'd never known before. She did things that the old girlfiend never did, couldn't do and others in a different way - and I thought I'd found true love.......her name, Diamond "Lil" Memory Lane.

Suddenly, in a moment of weakness a good friend ( some friend, hah!) put my old girl in front of me after a couple of years and I found that feeling of love again. She WAS good after all and I found that maybe I'd looked at the grass being greener and .........I felt sad. The old girl was just what i wnated and needed. Sure "Lil" did "more" but I didn't actually need more - I felt foolish..........The old girlfiend was, of course, "Maxine" AD-999.

Ashamed, I took Maxine back home and made an excuse to Diamond "Lil".

I now live with "Max" again and "Lil" doesn't even know yet - how do I break the news?

Come on people, help me - I know you've all been there before - what do I do?

:jo

2. Moe45673

Moe45673 Member

see if you can hook up a 3some

3. Bradders

Bradders Member

Ha ha! I forgot to mention I'm already cheating on both with a DD-6 for some of the really REALLY whacked out action that neither Lil or Maxine will do :eek:

hahahahha

4. pepperco

pepperco Member

That just makes me sick,
    Its not fair to any one.....
    I feel sorry for the girls, but mostly sorry for you.

Back in my day, we picked one stompbox delay,
    and we stuck with it, through thick and thin.
    It was a commitment that meant something.
    You either had a DM2 or an AD9, and that was it.

How are you going to explain this to your clean boosts ?
    Not to mention your amp. Good luck.
    :Devil

5. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

Someone needs to put the guitar down...SLOWLY...now back away from it....that's it...

No DELAY FOR YOU...

Regards,

The Delay Nazi

6. Bradders

Bradders Member

I can handle it. I CAN HANDLE IT, oK?!?!?!

7. StompBoxBlues

StompBoxBlues Member

All right...NO delay for A WEEK.

NEXT!

8. stratovarius

stratovarius Supporting Member

I've got a blind date coming up with a Russian-American hottie named "Catherine"! Everybody has been talking about her, but it seems few have actually met her. I'm not sure how I feel about dating a single mother, but I hear that her baby is like an angel.

:AOK

9. Bradders

Bradders Member

she's too pricey for me dude - make sure you get shots.....:AOK

10. GuitarsFromMars

GuitarsFromMars Member

Step A-WAY from the pedalboard before someone gets an eye put out....:dude

11. CocoTone

CocoTone Senior Member

12. Bradders

Bradders Member

Actually, there is a serious point to this........funny how I went back to the real basic, but good quality, delay after beign seduced by Memory Lane - whichis a great unit, don't get me wrong!
    I just realized that the extras of the ML were not really what i needed in the live set up -just a real good delay - tap tempo's nice but "close enough" is always good enough for me as far as that "small" part of my sound goes.cheers all!

13. James Knox

James Knox Member

I too have returned to my "first love".

My first "Boutique" Pedal was a Ferrari Yellow Fulltone Fulldrive II. After trying LOTS of other OD's and Fuzzes over the past couple of years, I just put my FD2 BACK on my "grap n go" Pedatrain Junior - just the essentials: Emma Discombobulator Envelope Filter (Lazy Man Wah), Barber Tone Press Compressor, Fulldrive 2, Loooper with Arion SCH1 Chorus (for Vibe effects), a DLS Echotap and finally a Peterson StroboStomp.

Sold through: Lovepedal COT 50 and Eternity, Zendrive, TIM, Barber LTD and DD and a host of others. I still have the Keeley Tone Workstation, Landgraff DO and the Timmy (for now). On my other bigger-more permanent board the OD chain is a Klon into a BJF Honey Bee into a Keeley Modded BD2.

Through MANY different Pedalboard configurations I kept coming back to the FD2. Why "fight the feeling"?

James