Backdrops?

Discussion in 'The Sound Hound Lounge' started by DeeDub, Feb 24, 2012.

1. DeeDub

DeeDub Member

All of the gigging guys.. does your band use a backdrop? If so, where'd you get it? We're in need.

2. TimSt.L

TimSt.L Member

There is a place here near St.Louis called imageworks that foes all of our stuff. Look for a place that does business signs. Our guy does everything from vehicle magnets for work trucks to t-shirts. To giant fiberglass business signs. It's not as expensive as you would think. We have a small and large back drop, and amp covers for each side of the stage.

3. Smakutus

Smakutus Member

Got any photos?

Jeff

4. TimSt.L

TimSt.L Member

I don't personally but I will see if one the the guys will find some and send them to me. the big thing in St.Louis in my scene is using amp covers instead of back drops. Just a 6foot tall by 4wide printed material,(usually the band name) on each side of the stage right in front of the amps. They have stands usually made of pvc pipe that is used to keep em up and tight so they aren't waving around. I'll try to find some pictures. They're much easier than dealing with hanging backdrops every night. And make the stage look pro.

Edit: not always 6'×4' ,I think ours are 5'×3' . We made them just big enough to cover our gear on each side of the drums. And our were printed with a digital screen printer so we could basically take any pic we wanted and put it on the drops. It's a bit pixilated real close but no one is that close anyway.
    My last band had a couple different sets so we could change them out for whichever show we wanted.

5. sixstringslut

sixstringslut Member

I want to make a box between each top box and bass bins with a back-lighted gel-papered lexan of band name. Each box also doubles as mic cable or general stuff needed on stage so we can get to it easily.

Now if we can agree on a band name. lol

6. DeeDub

DeeDub Member

Thanks for the info. I got a quote from a place online.. I won't name names.. but it's a place that apparently does a lot of big name acts.

They wanted $900.00 for a 10x12!! Yikes! I'll make the damn thing myself before I spend anywhere NEAR that kind of money!

7. shakeshakeshake

shakeshakeshake Member

a cool thing to do is to get a digital movie projector and make vids for it with weird crap showing behind you