• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Bad Bob Boost vs. Other Boosters

stratcat62

I can't speak for the other clean boost pedals out there, but I've got a Bad Bob Boost that is irreplaceable. I leave it on all the time because it's a tone-maker-better. It does something to boost clarity and give new life to the amps (Blackface Twin and DRRI both with Delta Pro 12A's) that I use. Without it the tone sounds very flat on both amps. It not simply an issue of turning up the amplifier, the tone just isn't the same without the Bad Bob in the chain. Do all clean boosts add this fullness and dynamic beauty to your tone?

charmboy

I use a ZVex Super Hard the same way... it put my tone where it's always needed to be and I can't imagine not using it now.

schenkadere

I can't speak for the other clean boost pedals out there, but I've got a Bad Bob Boost that is irreplaceable. I leave it on all the time because it's a tone-maker-better. It does something to boost clarity and give new life to the amps (Blackface Twin and DRRI both with Delta Pro 12A's) that I use. Without it the tone sounds very flat on both amps. It not simply an issue of turning up the amplifier, the tone just isn't the same without the Bad Bob in the chain. Do all clean boosts add this fullness and dynamic beauty to your tone?
Not from my experience. I think the point of most clean boosts is to stay out of your tones way and be as transparent as possible.

Luca1979

Stratcat62, I'm with you on the Bad Bob.
Simply amazing! I don't want to turn it off, but then how do I get a boost for my solos?? That's the dilemma! :crazy

I think that the best boosts around have a similar effect though, I've never tried a SHO but they say the same exact things (better tone, more sparkle and so on).

Luca1979

Me, I have the Bad Bob after my main OD pedal. If I place it before, I don't get the same amazing results.
I should add another boost for solos after the Bad Bob, but then I have squealing problems... it happens whenever I stack too much pedals together.

Where do you have the Bad Bob boost placed in your chain?

stratcat62

Where do you have the Bad Bob boost placed in your chain?
Right now it's the only pedal I use, but when I use my DD6 I place it before the delay. I'm a volume knob roller, so I have my volume at about 8 or 8.5 playing rhythm and then crank it for solos. I don't use it to push the amp into overdrive; I run mine between 10 and 12 o'clock depending on how I'm feeling into a clean amp to add whatever magic is contained inside of the Bad Bob.

Trending Topics