• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Bad Carbon Copy Serial Numbers

For those of you who have recently bought dead CCs or had one die on you, could you share your serial numbers with us?

I have an opportunity to buy a used one locally, but am a little freaked out about getting a lemon and not being able to return it.

Thanks
TG

MERCYFULFATE

Old Metalhead.
Supporting Member
i havent heard of one dying on anyone but as far as the serial numbers go a lot were sent back to MXR/Dunlop to upgrade them to the version 2. so the serial number thing may not be a good source.

jb1911

There are several threads on this forum with posts of woe about the CC dying almost right out of the box. I have posted in all of them my story. Sorry, I don't know the serial number as I sent mine back for a replacement.

MERCYFULFATE

Old Metalhead.
Supporting Member
There are several threads on this forum with posts of woe about the CC dying almost right out of the box. I have posted in all of them my story. Sorry, I don't know the serial number as I sent mine back for a replacement.

that sucks. i have heard of a few problems but not total death. MXR/Dunlop is good about honoring thier products.

musickbox

Sorry if I'm hijacking this thread, How do you go about sending the CC to get upgraded to V.2?

RussB

low rent hobbyist
The one I bought had a faulty switch, and "someone" (both MXP/Dunlop and the retailer denied any knowledge ) had replaced two capacitor in it as well.

I didn't record the number, because I didn't realize that it would be so important to YOU!

MjCartney

Neo-Maxi Zoom Dweebie
Gold Supporting Member
No longer have the serial# but my bad one was a V1. Died 2 weeks after purchase, no light, no sound, but mod light would work. Exchanged for a V2, been happy for several months with it. Great sound.

Trending Topics