1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Bad Cat 2-tone pedal Any Clips or Advice

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by chrispatel, Oct 2, 2006.

1. chrispatel

chrispatel Supporting Member

Does anyone have any clips of the BadCat 2 tone pedal in action? Also, any opinions of the pedal would be much appreciated. I would be using it with a Reeves Custom 6 1x12 combo and humbuckers.

Chris

2. Tuberoast

Tuberoast Silver Supporting Member

I don't know about the 2 Tone but the Extreme Tone hangs right up there with the best...

3. leodiditright

leodiditright Supporting Member

I've played it once with my '65 JTM45 and like it a lot. I really dig all those tube overdrive/preamps and would like to try many more. You'll probably won't get many replies, because most folks in here don't like (for some reason I don't get) tube overdrives into tube amps. But I don't think that all these manufacturers of tube overdrives make them for us to use with Roland Jazz Chorus...!? and look at "Saint" Fatback, he's using the Valveboy into a TUBE amp, the Fender Princeton.

4. Tonemeister69

Tonemeister69 Member

I guess lots of folks look past the Bad Cat pedals because of the entry price. There doesn't seem to be much information or interest surrounding these pedals for that reason.

5. gtrnstuff

gtrnstuff Member

Just be ready to deal with gound loops, as the Matchless and AFAIK Bad Cat pedals have grounded AC cords. An EbTech HumX on the AC plug works for me.

6. chrispatel

I got the pedal and have been playing it through my Reeves Custom 6 Combo. Man, this pedal is incredible. It seems this pedal doesn't get much love but more people should try it.

Channel 2 (gain) is as rocking as anything I have ever tried and the clean channel makes the amp sound better than I have ever imagined.

This matchup is going to stay together for a long time. A perfect complement to each other.

Try it out.

Chris

7. samtheman

samtheman Member

Xtreme and JTM45 RI in action, just testing: Xtreme + JTM

/sam

8. chrispatel

Are all the clips with the extreme tone?

Chris

9. samtheman

samtheman Member

Yes, all is Xtreme, fx´s is from Cubase.

/sam

10. gaspedals.net

gaspedals.net Member

Are you really in finland? Awesome playing, Im looking for some people to do some clips of a new pedal of mine. Let me know if your interseted. Peace-Jay

11. TheWarmth

TheWarmth Member

Can you tell us anything about the new Gaspedals pedal?

12. chrispatel

Your clips are great. Sounds very close to the 2-tone. Everyone should listen to them. Great! I have tried alot of the boutique pedals and these BadCat pedals really give you that tube overdrive/distortion.

Chris

13. gaspedals.net

gaspedals.net Member

Dont want to hijack the thread. Briefly Ive got a new circuit that has more gain than the Carb and more of a smooth refined overdrive. I wont be releasing it for a while though, I want to roll out the Nitrous fuzz first.

14. JimmyR

JimmyR Member

If you think the Two-tone sounds good stock, wait 'til you try some good tubes in it! I would think that a Two-tone would work well with a Reeves amp.

I love the Two-tone for it's "just-breaking-up" tones - it's so much sweeter than any SS pedal I've heard. It's the tubey top-end that SS pedals just can't cop. Bright and sparkly but still thick. I tried an Extreme tone but it was waaaaay too gainy for me!

That's good to know about the ground loop - I do notice a fair bit of hum. Maybe I'll try my Lehle between the pedal and amp...

15. samtheman

samtheman Member

Yep, I´m in Finland, and I´m very interested to do some clips if you want, it´s not a big deal :AOK

cheers

/sam