• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Bad Cat AB-50 Information?

jsm610

Does anyone have any links to any review or information on the "Bad Cat Custom Shop AB-50" amp?

I see on Bad Cat's site - regarding the Tone Cat - "The first Bad Cat offering of a 6L6 based amplifier.". Are the AB-50 and the Tone Cat similar? I think the AB-50 is a 6L6 amp also... But I'm not 100% on that.

Thanks!

EL34

Gold Supporting Member
I have one. If I'm not mistaken, there are some details in old threads here on this site. It's a 50w Custom Shop amp, built around 2003-2005. Two 6L6, tube driven reverb, effects loop, two channels (gain and clean). The gain channel has the most flexible tone control I've ever experienced on an amp - it can sculpt the tone to be modern or very vintage in tone and feel. The clean tones are rich and very fat, like a pro reverb. It's an amazing amp that is overbuilt like a Matchless.

jsm610

Thanks! I searched back and only found about 1 mention of it... From your description of the gain channel, it must be different than the Tone Cat, because I don't think that has a modern gain (may be wrong). I wonder why there isn't anything on the bad cat archives about it! It seems really cool!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom