Bad Cat BC-50 Output Transformer?

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by WannaBe83, Dec 27, 2009.

1. WannaBe83

WannaBe83 Member

I'm in need of a replacement OT for my BadCat BC-50. Can't seem to get through to the guys by phone or email, but that could just be the holidays. Any advice? I'd rather buy the part and get the work done locally, rather than shipping the amp to BC, but I haven't tracked down what I need. Any advice/experience?

2. sickboy79

sickboy79 Member

What happened to the stock one?

3. WannaBe83

WannaBe83 Member

Not sure. Had it crash on me @ a gig, went down to half power sorta...took it to Bill Webb here in Austin and he ran it down to the OT.

4. sickboy79

sickboy79 Member

Sorry to hear that. I'd send it to Bad Cat. Give them a few days to recover from the holidays. James is known for good service (although never needed to contact him myself - I'm a Hot Cat owner). Give them a shot!

5. sixstring531

sixstring531 Supporting Member

Has to be the holidays. I had a problem with my Black Cat when I first got it, and though he never called me back, James went above and beyond by answering my emails late on Friday night. He diagnosed the problem with a picture I sent him and I had it fixed as soon as the replacement parts came in.

Great service from BC. Just wait until after the holidays.

6. WannaBe83

WannaBe83 Member

You're all totally right- James sent me an email, giving me the part, number, and best supplier to get it from. Thanks for the input!

7. AlexF

AlexF Member

to resurrect this = can you remember the maker and/or part number??

8. sickboy79

sickboy79 Member

I dont' know if this helps or not but, Bad Cat used to use the same transformers as Matchless which are made by Transformer Design and Supply (TDS). They are in SoCal. Might be worth a call. Or, give John at Bad Cat a call. I think they either switched manufacturers or make their own now but, he's always super helpful.