Bad Cat Cabinet Questions

Discussion in 'Amps and Cabs' started by almesy, Dec 22, 2009.

1. almesy

almesy Supporting Member

I'm looking into picking up either a 1x12" or 2x12" cabinet from Bad Cat. Anyone know the exact dimensions of either of these cabinets? I can't seem to find them anywhere on the web, and the Bad Cat site doesn't have active links to the cabinet info.

Also, from a tonal perspective, is there much difference between the two? Seems like the smaller size and weight of the 1x12" would be nice, but at what tonal cost (if any)?

The cab would be used for either Bad Cat Hot Cat or Cub II, generally at lower to mid level volumes.

Would the head and 1x12 pretty much sound the same as the combo, assuming both were open back cabs and same speakers?

Thanks,

almesy

2. jchan

jchan Member

I have a badcat 2x12 open back cabinet that is 28.5W x 20.5H x 11.5D. The speakers in there are badcat modified V30s and are labeled "BadCat". They sound a bit less harsh than a new V30. It is a beautiful cabinet with a flame front. Its a good size cabinet and sounds great.

3. almesy

almesy Supporting Member

Great - thanks for the info. Is it difficult to move around due to the weight?

Is it a fairly newer cabinet?

4. jchan

jchan Member

Its about 55 lbs. Its pretty easy to move around actually. It has a nice leather handle on top and is a great cabinet. I don't know how old it is, I bought it used in April 09.

5. almesy

almesy Supporting Member

Thanks - that info does help.