• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Bad Cat Classic

Ed Reed

I just got one and I'm very happy with the tone. The lower watt power section doesn't go into much overdrive but it lets the amp work making nice harmonics at reasonable levels. It makes a great clean base for pedals. It was just what I was looking for.

Now maybe a reverb pedal?

relix63

Silver Supporting Member
I had one of these and thought it was great. Never even considered adding reverb. These are a great bargin used and really not too bad at new prices. I used mine as a platform for pedals as well. Can't remember why I sold it.If you just got it, you should really post pics.

shredtrash

Gold Supporting Member
I really like mine as well. The fact that it has a good amount of headroom is a real plus if you're using pedals. Great amps!

shredtrash

Gold Supporting Member
shedtrash, how does the Classic stand up to the Lightning?
The Classic has more clean headroom for sure. It's a fantastic pedal platform. My OCD sounds great with it. It's like comparing a Blackface Fender (Classic Cat) to a small Vox or Marshall (Lightning). It just depends on the flavor you want. Both are solidly built, outstanding sounding amps and they're different enough that they are both keepers IMO.

Trending Topics