Bad Cat Cub II --- which speaker for a 1x12?

Delayed Delay

So I've got a 1x12 cab coming in for my Cub II, and I wanna find a great speaker to pair with it.

I've got a Weber G12H30 on hand that I could throw in, and when I mic'd another cab with the exact same speaker, it sounded pretty good. But that was a limited experience kinda thing; didn't get to hear it very long. I've also played it into my 30w Alnico Blue, and it sounded good, just a little too harsh on the top end.

Any other thoughts or ideas for the perfect speaker for a Cub II? I'm open to suggestions! :)

SirGilmour

Silver Supporting Member
I love the stock speaker but a Cele gold is what I'm going to try next. The 50 watts makes it a little warmer with a little more bottom end then the blue. I liked the blue but it was a bit too harsh for my tastes as well.

Delayed Delay

I love the stock speaker but a Cele gold is what I'm going to try next. The 50 watts makes it a little warmer with a little more bottom end then the blue. I liked the blue but it was a bit too harsh for my tastes as well.
Yeah I think you might've PM'd me about it. The 30w Blue was good, but still a bit too harsh, but the 15w Blue I have was quite a bit too harsh.

Have you ever tried a G12H30 with yours? What speakers do you prefer at the moment?

SirGilmour

Silver Supporting Member
Yeah I think you might've PM'd me about it. The 30w Blue was good, but still a bit too harsh, but the 15w Blue I have was quite a bit too harsh.

Have you ever tried a G12H30 with yours? What speakers do you prefer at the moment?
I have not tried the G12H30. I have been playing the stock BC speaker for about a month. I reallly like it but I do miss some of the compression the Blue had. Ill let you know how the Gold sounds.

sixstring531

Silver Supporting Member
Love the BC celestions with a badcat amp. My black cat 30 had the two mismatched speakers and it was awesome! I just loaded a bogner cab with a v30 and g12h30 to use with my newer Fat 50. Sounds fine so far, but the speakers need some breaking in.

joeprs

I like the stock speaker in my Cub II, but every once in a while I get in the mood to play it through my 2 x 12 Avatar equipped with a V30 and G12H-30, which I bought for another amp before owning the Cub, and it sounds great! The 2 speakers compliment one another really well!

It never hurts to experiment. You will find what YOU prefer.

Trending Topics