• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Bad deal made good...

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
Between me and another member here. This took place 'off site', so don't bother doing any searches, there's no record or thread here pertaining to this one. I just wanted to acknowledge that integrity is still important to some of us (hopefully most). This deal involved a trade where there were some problems with the gear I received in exchange. I told the other party about it and he immediately suggested we reverse the transaction (which we did), and that he was totally unaware of the problem. Obviously, I believe him. This is generally a great little community we have here.....hope it stays this way. A rare commodity these days. Just wanted to say so.

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
I don't see where there was a bad deal in this transaction.
Ultimately there wasn't, but the initial transaction was certainly bad for me. Sorry if I wasn't clear enough. I was just attempting to reinforce the overwhelmingly decent nature of most transactions completed here.

sleepingtiger

Gold Supporting Member
Kudos to him for being straight-up & to you for realizing that sometimes people make mistakes or overlook something & aren't necessarily out to get you!
Unfortunately, a few jerks make it rough for all of us!

Tony

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
Its a big jump from a specific instance to a general testimonial.
You think? Had any bad deals here? I've done at least 30 or so, all good with really good guys. All of my TGP friends have also done multiple deals here without any problems. IME, that's better than the percentages on 'the outside', especially when you consider that this is a community built on trust, not one of dealers or store fronts where you could touch and feel the gear first.

Its a big jump from a specific instance to a general testimonial.
Not everyone is gonna take this approach in this type of instance, this is so. But I think more often than not, yes. Place like this, yes.

Putting things back to status quo ante solves a lot of the potential issues. Nobody need dwell on whether the recipient expected too much or whether the disposer could have spent more time learning about the piece he was getting rid of. You just move on to something else, with no real lessons learned except that, given a chance, most people are right decent.

Rick51

You think? Had any bad deals here? I've done at least 30 or so, all good with really good guys. All of my TGP friends have also done multiple deals here without any problems. IME, that's better than the percentages on 'the outside', especially when you consider that this is a community built on trust, not one of dealers or store fronts where you could touch and feel the gear first.
Thirty plus all your friends...that's a bunch of good deals. And my luck here has been all good. Not trying to impugn the integrity of the group here, no offense intended.

Maybe I'm oversensitive. People that move without hesitation from the specific to the general (or general to specific) are the bane of my worklife, lots of blunders start out that way.

AaeCee

Silver Supporting Member
Thirty plus all your friends...that's a bunch of good deals. And my luck here has been all good. Not trying to impugn the integrity of the group here, no offense intended.

Maybe I'm oversensitive. People that move without hesitation from the specific to the general (or general to specific) are the bane of my worklife, lots of blunders start out that way.
Nah, I actually agree with that. I guess my main point is that TGP is as close to a little haven of integrity as one can find in this somewhat misanthropic society.

Trending Topics