BadCat HotCat 30R

teddy boy

Gents,

Im getting really intrigued now about the possibility of using a two-amp rig with a Cub II and a Hot Cat 30R. Ihave a few question I wish you could help me with.

1. What is the channel switching like? How could I incorporate that into my two-amp setup? Will it work?

2. What is the tube-buffered fx-loop like? Anybody use it with delay? Will the repeats stay clean?

Cheers!!

jeffh

Gold Supporting Member
1. With the 30R it's like any regular channel switcher. The non R version requires an A/B/Y type setup. I use a Voodoo Labs amp switcher works great.
2. Can't comment. The 15/30R I owned had a problem with the loop.

BluePowder

Sorry to hog on with questions, I too am very interested in this amp.

The sheer amount of gain avaible on tap makes me gas for it even more.

Has anyone compared this amp to say a Suhr Badger?

I'm looking for a sub 50 watt tube amp, head for home and the occassional gig use, great gain would definitely be a good plus.

teddy boy

BluePowder,

Yeah, I'm thinking about getting one for just lead purposes. Use the Cub II for rhythm. I must say the clean channel does intrigue me too...

So... fx-loop... anybody? Yes? No?

sickboy79

I've got a Hot Cat 30R head but, I can't help with either of your questions. I've never used it as a channel switcher. I just set up one channel and go. I hate to say that I've actually never blended the channels either - which you can do with the included footswitch! I've got to get on that one of these days. I also don't use effects with this amp, so I can't help there either! But, that said - it's an AMAZING amp!

teddy boy

Sickbou79,

Can you do me a favour? Please???

Stick a delay in the loop and let RIP!!! Tell me what you like.

Cheers!!

Trending Topics