• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Badger 18 vs. MAZ 18 JR, Should I go for it?

shocki

I own a Suhr Badger 18 which I really like a lot. Does great cleans und crunchy Marshall stuff.

I can get a Maz 18 JR pretty cheap (old version with no effects loop) and I am wondering if this would be a nice addition to the Badger?

Anybody compared both of them?
Thanks alot for your help....

small axe

i owned an older dr z 18 and it was great. it runs on el84s so the sound is different. it provides a nice base tone to put pedals into. i have never owned a suhr badger.

tdawg

IMO MAZ 18 JR will go down in history as one of the classic amps. Its such a great all rounder, as useful and versitile as a deluxe reverb. It like a Deluxe reverb and a Vox AC15 had a child and it was named MAZ. Its worth it to give it a shot. thats my $.02

BoogieManSC

Silver Supporting Member
Amazingly kick ass amp...that & the Maz Sr.
Future classics & pure tone
No worries on the lack of an effects loop...pedals are great right up front with them

Dave_C

I have owned both and still own the 2002 Maz 18 Jr NR w. FX loop. BOTH are world-class amps, but they were similar enough compared to what else I wanted to add to the stable at the time (a Germino halfstack) that I had to make a call regarding selling one. I chose to sell the Badger because it was more compressed sounding with OD pedals and a bit more difficult to dial at gigs on the fly because you have to adjust both the power scaling level and master at the same time to maintain the same ratio of power amp to preamp OD.

nl128

Gold Supporting Member
IMO MAZ 18 JR will go down in history as one of the classic amps. Its such a great all rounder, as useful and versitile as a deluxe reverb. It like a Deluxe reverb and a Vox AC15 had a child and it was named MAZ. Its worth it to give it a shot. thats my $.02

exactly what I was thinking

Trending Topics