baja tele pickup question

Discussion in 'Guitars in General' started by fuzzz, Jul 12, 2008.

1. fuzzz

fuzzz Member

I've been wondering...what's the truth about those pups after all?fender claims they're original cs twisted tele&broadcaster,while certain rumors suggest they are mexican made clones,based on the original specs...i like them a lot,but i'm also curious...anyone have any inside info?

2. larimar

larimar Member

3. Boris Bubbanov

Boris Bubbanov Member

If they know at TDPRI, they're not telling me.

We know that the first shipment of Classic Player 60's Strats had genuine 69's signed by Ms. Ybarra. And the high grade steel block and other US content hardware. All the later ones did not, and this was buzzkill on this model, once the word got around.

I don't think we've ever heard anything on the Baja that tells us in no uncertain terms where these CS designed, maybe CS made pickups are currently made. I would not be shocked if they use what is available, from where-ever. I'd like to think we can flush Mike Eldred out, but he's a great guy and I personally wouldn't want to see him backed in a corner or receiving pushback for being frank with us.

I know they work great, and I know Ensenada makes other great pups, so until then. I think it is much more important that they come up with a real bulletproof S-1 switch or a replacement, and I'd love to see a new white trans blonde color Baja with a thinner finish ash body. Or transparent sonic blue.

4. zombywoof

zombywoof Member

I think the rumor got started when folks found that the modern wire leads used on the Nocaster pup put in the Baja does not match the vintage looking cloth leads Fender uses in the CS guitars.

5. fuzzz

fuzzz Member

You're right about those wires,the insulation is plastic in my guitar as well and all cs pups i've seen have the vintage style cloth type...it would be cool if we could examine the guts of an early production baja and see if there are any differences..

6. larimar

larimar Member

Some good info.

I would be all over a white trans blonde or Sonic finished version.