• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Baker B1-What to pay?

blues junkie

Gold Supporting Member
I came across a used Baker B1 in excellent condition and was wondering what is a fair price to pay for one?I have'nt talked price with them yet,going to check her out this week and was trying to figure out what it might be worth.If I like her it would mean having to sell my EJ strat and 52 thin skin tele.I do not know if this guitar is worth getting rid of those two ,but we'll see.:rolleyes: any opinions on that would be great.

Thanks.
Chuck.

mbrown3

The market now is anywhere from $2k to over $3500, depending on condition, specs, etc. But make sure it's a legit made by Gene in the USA and not one of the Ed Roman import knock-offs. :FM

FWIW, these guitars are THE BOMB.

1radicalron

A Wise Investment for sure. The Original Bakers will definitly be going way up in value! - I Own 7 Bakers and am looking for more! :drool

Joe Perry

Platinum Supporting Member
A Wise Investment for sure. The Original Bakers will definitly be going way up in value! - I Own 7 Bakers and am looking for more! :drool

I'm hoping this is true. I have a nice Baker junior with trem that I'm holding on to. It's a great guitar but I'm just more of a strat/single coil type guy. I never seem to bond with HB type guitars.

I do think that $4800 is a bit much. As mentioned above $28-3300 is more in line.

Good luck,

Joe

mbrown3

Yep, I think that's the place, and the thing that REALLY burns me up is that one of them was MINE! I just sold it for less than $3,000 because I thought the guy that bought it was cool and was really going to play it. I would never have sold it if I knew he was just going to turn around and sell it to them just to jack the price and rip people off. Of course, there may have been some extenuating circumstance, but this really burns me up.

Chun13

I don't know if it's gonna be the case, I own 2 bakers, serial 055 and 024 and neither seemed to attract much interest when I tried to sell them, might aswell keep them tan taking a hit cause they're awesome guitars ! !

1radicalron

Have Patients boyz.
All in good time!

Best Investments in Modern Guitars =

Fender Cunetto Relic's
Original Gene Baker Guitars
Scott Lentz Original S + T Guitars
GVCG Original S + T Guitars

You can now probably ad low serial number Tom Anderson Guitars to this list as well.

:crazy

ButchR

Komet Player
Double Platinum Member
I paid $3000 for a B1 '59 NAMM #45 of 100 about a year ago and I wouldn't take my money back. They are great guitars.

Chun13

They jumped right after Gene quit making them. But haven't gone up much since. Do you think it might have something to do with the fact that he's making them again and the newer B3s are actually more than the originals?
Well, I don't really know the reason, but personnaly I don't like the new b3 logo and headstock, prefer the older ones, so who knows maybe in a few years it will have better value :)

Woodshed

I have a Baker, not Faker, B1 in trans purple with great flametop that is in near mint condition minus one repaired neck binding ding, looking for $2650 out of it. Let me know if you are interested and I can send pics.

Scott

matte

have to agree with you here

not a big fan of the headstock myself

the guitars are beautiful, headstock: notsomuch :(
the headstock shape serves an actual function which promotes better tuning stability. straight stringpull. that's of value to me as a player of the instrument known as the guitar.

GuitarGuy510

Maybe he meant the carve of the headstock, not the angle? I think the body on a Baker looks killer, I too am not a huge fan of the carve of the headstock. All the recordings of them I've heard are killer though so if the SHAPE of the headstock has anything to do with it, Gene did a great job! :BEER

matte

Maybe he meant the carve of the headstock, not the angle? I think the body on a Baker looks killer, I too am not a huge fan of the carve of the headstock. All the recordings of them I've heard are killer though so if the SHAPE of the headstock has anything to do with it, Gene did a great job! :BEER
the position of the tuning posts is critical. not many options available.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom