Baker B1

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by PLAYLOUD, Jun 8, 2008.

1. PLAYLOUD

PLAYLOUD Member

I have an early Baker B1 that I came to own while working for Gene. I acquired the guitar through an incident with UPS. The guitar was sent to a dealer in the northeast. When the dealer got the guitar, the case was in normal shape, but when he opened it the neck looked like it had been taken over someone's knee and snapped it out of the neck pocket. Phil Petillo repaired it and after 3 or so years, the guitar is in excellent shape and plays great. I think it's a testament to Gene's and Phil's work. But I've been throwing around the idea of selling it. I know it won't fetch the dollars of other Baker's, but I wanted to see what you guys thought a fair price would be and would you ever consider buying such a guitar knowing the neck had been broken on it?

Thanks

2. Butterfly

Butterfly Gold Supporting Member

I would consider buying it for sure.

3. atquinn

atquinn Supporting Member

I'd consider buying it as well, especially given the location of the break. It's hard to say what it would go for though. I see Bakers listed all the time on eBay, but I don't see many getting sold :D. One thing's for sure though, if you don't need to sell it, hold onto it for now; the summer's not a great time to sell a guitar.

-Austin

4. ButchR

ButchR Komet Player Gold Supporting Member

No more than $500! And I'll take it!:D

I love Bakers and I don't think that you would have any trouble selling it. Great guitars.

5. c-dub

c-dub Member

6. edgarallanpoe

edgarallanpoe Member

As a gigging musician I can tell you that I would be all over that provided I could talk to the luthier who repaired the break and he stood behind his work.

I have already purchased a Huber Orca that was severely damaged in shipping. A guitar is a tool to me...not a piece of furniture.

7. BluePowder

BluePowder Member

I would purchase one for sure.

I love Bakers to bits!