Baker owners (the real ones)

Discussion in 'The Small Company Luthiers' started by PLAYLOUD, Mar 16, 2006.

1. PLAYLOUD

PLAYLOUD Member

If any Baker owners have serial numbers:
    135, 402, 481, 520, 534, 548, 573, 574 or 575,

I'd like to correspond with you. Please let me know.

Thanks,
    Ben

2. meangene

meangene Member

My other guitar player Jon Lockhart for Mean Gene and the Portable Jon's owns #573 a BJH with peizo/midi saddles. He's a pretty big boy and might put up a fight over that one.

#135 BJH use to be owned by my local wood supplier but I think he sold it when going through a divorce, I'll ask in case it went to his boy. Korina P90's

#520 B1 is owned by Roger Summers a major recording engineer down in the studio row in none other than North Hollywood/Studio City area. Either Roger has that one or Brian Wheat from Tesla may have it up a J Street Studios in Sacramento as they work together often. Evil guitar Wenge neck 25.5 built as a Baritone, strung like a 7 string guitar with a broken high E, tuned A, E, A, D, G, B with .074 .046 .036 .026 .017 .013, that one has played on quite a few records, I remember that one very well beautiful guitar.

Edward Yoon from Tone Merchants who I believe is now working with John Suhr was the dealer for #402 B1C.

#481 BJ went directly to Germany to Siggi Schwartz.

I'm curious why you choose these numbers, they are all very different from each other and I was wondering if there is a common theme somewhere, maybe you’re looking for a nice mix? Glad I could help if it helps.

3. Woodshed

Woodshed Member

Perfect example of why Gene is one of the best in the biz. Great guy, great guitars, period. Any more production pics of the B3, other than Matte's? I'm still thining about placing an order.

Scott

4. meangene

meangene Member

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heres are another Korina baby, dam those Waverlys look slick.....:moon
    [​IMG]

5. Vince

Vince Member

Gene my brotha WHAT'S UP? :)

6. Blauserk

Blauserk Silver Supporting Member

WHOA. That's what I'm looking for! I missed a black limba Baker BJ that sold on this page by a couple of minutes and have been kicking myself ever since. Looks like I might be getting a second bite at the apple! Hot damn.

7. Guitarded

Guitarded Member

Gene,

My man!

Drop me a line. Progress looks amazing, so glad you're back at it!!!

-Garrett

8. Zuma

Zuma Member

Gene that is a damn nice looking p90 junior, are these in production now?

9. Dave Orban

Dave Orban Gold Supporting Member

Schwinnggg!!! :AOK

10. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

I got that one from Dave Orban, one of my top three favs!

11. scottl

scottl Member

12. Dave Orban

Dave Orban Gold Supporting Member

...and I miss that one every day.

Dibs, if you ever decide to sell it... :cool:

13. GAT

GAT Gold Supporting Member

You will be the first to know. What is the SN of the B1 I got from you, in the #800's right?

14. Luca Z

Luca Z Member

Hi Gene,

what a fantastic guitar!
    Luca

15. riverastoasters

riverastoasters Member

Remember this one?

[​IMG]

just in case you ever wonder what happens to your "kids", this one has made a lot of records.

16. Blauserk

Blauserk Silver Supporting Member

I've already inquired of Cliff. They probably won't be in "real" production for a while yet. That guitar was sort of a "one off" for present purposes.

I can't wait! Gene does great work!

17. meangene

meangene Member

Wow, I remember that Tele very well. I like it when dealers or customers order things that make good sense and that one sure did.

As far as production, well I'm back to running as a one man shop so everything is limited and I'm still only building based on the materials I have and what start up orders were taken, getting too carried away with one offs will kill me but the plus side is if its already been built once under "Fine Tuned Instruments" "b3" models then it can be built again and the hurdle has been overcome. Here's another beauty that went out on Saturday to a rather happy camper.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

There’s a few of these popping out based on a very small supply of killer Koa I have that’s pretty old stuff, we might get to see possibly 6 guitars along a similar vibe. Cliff has the first few sold and Steve at Wildwood will have some coming his way too. It’s slow starting but perfection demands it.

Thanks guys for everything, it probably means more to me than most will ever know. Funny I met a guy this weekend that built a lot of custom stuff for Washburn back years ago and became a very accomplished builder and eventually got very burnt out on the guitar business and how hard it is and took a day job some 15 years ago and hasn’t built since. The death of our original shop was brutal on so many levels amongst us and the team we complied with Gil and I feeling devastated. I know I could never be happy doing anything else but have felt that feeling where you need to be inspired and its all of you that really help refuel the passion. I think we need some "Please support you local Guitar builder" bumper stickers or something.... Can’t say thanks enough therefore I feel indebted to the guitar as it shall evolve and you for allowing it to happen.

18. r9player

r9player Silver Supporting Member

That KOA top guitar is incredble Gene!

19. roggae

roggae Member

I have a Koa one from Cliff. I can't wait!!!!!

I sort of wish the one I was getting had three knobs like the one in the pic... that being said, I still can't friggin wait!

20. John Hurtt

John Hurtt Supporting Member

I have a guitar coming from Gene, and patience is not my best virtue. Though, I know when it arrives it will be worth every minute of waiting! :AOK