Baker Questions

emjee

I really didnt want to bother Gene with these questions, so I thought I
would try here first. Can someone tell me if any of the (Original USA) Bakers came with stainless steel frets? Also did he use Brazilian or another type of Rosewood? Did he use nitro or poly? Thanks for the help, folks!

Matt G

PLAYLOUD

No Stainless Steel frets. Mostly Rosewood unless it was something special. I recall a few Brazilian boards, but not many. The finish was an acrylic (?). I loved it, it doesn't get sticky when you sweat.

Luca Z

the only Baker with nitro finish is the first one, number 001. It also has brazilian fretboard.

DrPCR

Mine is another Matte Henderson masterpiece by Gene, it has a Braz neck but it was made by Saul Koll as a replacement.

I know Gene made IRW neck limited Bakers for the guitar hanger.

If you want the specs, they are on gene's webpage, all the guitars he has built.

matte

Originally posted by DrPCR
Mine is another Matte Henderson masterpiece by Gene, it has a Braz neck but it was made by Saul Koll as a replacement.

I know Gene made IRW neck limited Bakers for the guitar hanger.

If you want the specs, they are on gene's webpage, all the guitars he has built.

Nice pics/guitar! All of my Artist deal spec'd Bakers were made with Brazilian boards and nitro finishes.

DrPCR

Originally posted by Matte
Nice pics/guitar! All of my Artist deal spec'd Bakers were made with Brazilian boards and nitro finishes.
they are your pics! and I play this almost everyday. Thanks for making me a 7 string guitar nut Matte.

Guitarded

I have a few Nitros and sold a bunch of the previously mentioned ones as well.

Drpcr...that guitar has too many strings! I can't believe Gene didn't notice that in production!

Sick...

boog204

Silver Supporting Member
in all honesty, has anyone had cooler guitars than matte? i'd love to see a gallery of all the guits that matte has dominated on.

brian

matte

Originally posted by edgarallanpoe
No

Big, huge, mad, crazy, silly +1

All of this...AND he is a fellow Steelers and Iron City Beer fan. ROTFLMAO!!
Yunes aint nair bin tu Hauldeezburg? Yune didn't menchin Mairn Cape on sports.

cmatthes

Silver Supporting Member
Matte's guitars are ne plus ultra - real @$$ kickers!! Not like Poe knows much about git-tars, though.

I'm not sure about the Rosewood Limited run they did for G.Hangar. I've heard anywhere between 15 and 25 made, but can't get a straight answer.

I just sold one of those IRW necks (cheap, too!) on eBay. I actually turned up another one I'd completely forgotten I had. I need more time in this life to get some of these projects done, eh?

roggae

Originally posted by Cheebatone
I've said it before, I'll say it again. This guitar...

...is the dogs bollocks.
agreed....that's my favorite guitar in the world. i completely regret not buying it when i had the chance a while back.

Guitarded

If Matte's Single Cut is still available, I can tell you it KILLS!

Absolutely the nastiest Crucible on the planet.

cr8z4life

Originally posted by Guitarded
If Matte's Single Cut is still available, I can tell you it KILLS!

Absolutely the nastiest Crucible on the planet.
I would have to agree being the current owner......yes I would still sell it, but not heartbroken to keep it! lol

Trending Topics