1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

balance fuzz

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Ned, Feb 11, 2006.

1. Ned

Ned Member

can someone describe the 1-knob balance fuzz for me :) im very interested to see others opinions on the pedal

2. jpagey

jpagey Supporting Member

If you are referring to this:

http://www.lovepedal.com/lovesquare.htm,

I'd say it is more CoT than Fuzz. If you like the CoT, you will love this pedal: loud, dynamic and very natural sounding. It kicked the CoT off my board.

3. Coach

Coach Senior Member

How much of a boost does the balance bring and how does it compare to the SHO?

Should I buy this? If I do should I sell/keep my SHO?

4. jpagey

jpagey Supporting Member

I do not know db's. I am pretty sure (have to check in the a.m.--the girls are asleep) it is louder than CoT as well as a Deluxe 60. SHO? Don't know. I had one and sold it quickly. The Zvex stuff holds no interest at all for me.

5. rhmcfarland

rhmcfarland Member

Really?!?!?!?

I thought the COT was sacred.
    What was the main reason for that?
    Were you using the red or blue COT?

Randy

6. seanc

seanc Member

i happen to disagree. a very good friend of mine let me play his for a number of hours and i felt it to be alot like a clean boost and then turn the knob and it turned into a black magic fuzz. i found nothing to remind me of a COT. i think it gets into a great fuzz territory and not a harsh treble sound. thats what i found anyway.....(thanks greg!!)

7. jpagey

jpagey Supporting Member

That's the 1rst edition of the 1 knob Balance. I'm referring to the 2nd.

8. jpagey

jpagey Supporting Member

I'm using a CoT red. The 2nd edition balance I have has more volume, is even more dynamic and has a flatter eq. I let a friend try one and he agreed. I am not sure if Sean is still making these, but I have urged him to do so.

9. rewog

rewog Member

Interesting... I didn't know there where different versions, or that they would vary that much.
    The Balance Sean tried was mine, which is in a cream box with a graphic like a 'T' on it. He has ordered one of the new ones now from Sean, so it'll be good to compare them.
    The one I have is a FANTASTIC pedal.

10. jpagey

jpagey Supporting Member

That's what the one I have (and the one my friend loves) looks like...