1. The Gear Page is run by musicians for musicians. We listen, we learn and if we misstep we are not afraid to do the right thing. We proposed some changes to the Emporiums. Based on feedback from members, we have decided to not go ahead with those changes. However, it has also highlighted that we need some community input into what is working and what is not working for members here. Primarily focused on the Emporiums, we'd like input on your thoughts about TGP and how things work in the Emporiums for you and how you'd improve them. The discussion thread on the is here!

Dismiss Notice

Band-in-a-Box Bossa - Short MP3 clip

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by Normster, May 16, 2005.

1. Normster

Normster Member

Just a quick little ditty I did last night. The backing is from a Band-in-a-Box demo track using Virtual Sound Canvas to sweeten the midi. (The melody is pretty much a rip-off of the same track.)

Comments welcome, especially regarding tone. Setup is Artcore AS83 -> Route 66 -> Fender Blues Deluxe. I've been trying to get a nice creamy tone with just a bit of an edge to it. I think this is as close as I've come so far to the tone I'm looking for.

Band-in-a-Box Bossa

Norm

2. sergv

sergv Member

Nice silky smooth tone Normster! Expressive laid back playing too, you gots it going on hombre.

I didn't realize you lived so close, I'm down the road from you in San Francisco. My wife and I went to see Ravi Shankar and his daughter Anoushka last thursday night at the War Memorial Opera House. Anoushka plays a mean sitar just like her old man, was an awesome show.

3. journo

journo Member

Hi Norm,

Nice tone and nice timing!
    I think I'm going to check out an Artcore!

Cheers,

Mats N

4. Jim Soloway

Jim Soloway Member

Very nice. Sweet tone, nice restraint in the playing and it sit in the groove very well.

5. scottl

scottl Member

Wave meets Carlton meets Spyro Gyra!

Most excellent work Norm!

6. DonW

DonW Velocity Town Angel Silver Supporting Member

Great expressive stuff, sweet tone. Had me in a meditative mood!

7. Normster

Normster Member

Wow guys, thanks so much for the generous comments! You can't imagine how much I appreciate them coming from such great players. :D

Serg, I didn't know you lived in the Bay area. For some reason I thought you were in Palm Springs. LOL (Must have been that old UFO pic you had on your site.)

BTW, who's this "Carlton" fella you guys keep talkin' about? ;)