Band Members - Where Do You Post Examples Of Your Songs Online For Future Bookings?

Blanket Jackson

Everything is temporary anyway
Gold Supporting Member
Just like it says above ...

If you are in a band,
and you play gigs,
and you have recorded clips / songs of what you do ...

What online service(s) do you use these days to put your example recordings on to point booking agencies / clubs / promoters / agents to?

Thanks

mcknigs

Silver Supporting Member
We have a web site with links to recordings. There are also links to videos. This, of course, means we've got to pay for web site hosting, etc.

stratotastic

If you're a cover band then YouTube. Nobody cares that much how a cover band sounds, it's more about how many people are in the establishment when the band is playing, which you can't convey with just an audio recording.

slybird

I post the music on Bandcamp, Soundcloud, Youtube, Tumblr, and Reverbnation. We also try to keep our Facebook, Twitter and G+ active. If another service became popular I would also jump onto it too.

As for what the booking agent receives I follow their instructions. Some have a preference and let you know what that preference is. Do follow their instructions if posted. Most bookers worth anything are inundated with music, some have a 3 month backlog and need to purge once in awhile. Send them the press kit and music so it is easy for them. Don't give them a reason to purge you by default.

If they haven't given any direction I post the link to our website and a couple other services in the email.

Our main website is a Tumblr templet with some CSS tweaks to make if function like a normal website. All services we use are linked in the sidebar.

Blanket Jackson

Everything is temporary anyway
Gold Supporting Member
Thanks guys! Usual suspects, happily ... was wondering if there was some new kid on the block that all the cool kids are hanging around with these days, but glad to see it's the usual suspects.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom