• TGP is giving away a Strat, Tele, and Jazzmaster. Click Here for full details.
    Click Here to upgrade your account and enter today!

Band Promo Pics: Let's see 'em!

TNJ

Not sure if it's here already, but it's on our website.
I'm the guy playing the PRS.

Or this one:

S.
j

Last edited:

fisticuffs

There's this one I'm not a big fan of.

Much better after our drummer got his hands on it. The guy on the right we call "Panda"

For the most part I hate all band promo pics. I'd rather have some artwork/logo/something funny. Like this:

Probos

Silver Supporting Member
This thread is awesome -- band pics are just the worst thing ever,....seriously.

Every "promo" pic I've ever been a part of in any band I've been in just stinks and makes use look like douchbags -- brick wall or not. One of us a few years ago - it's just,...just,...haha,...

JZG

Silver Supporting Member
See what a difference a pro photography studio makes?

Copperwheel's pic tells me they care about things enough to have gotten a really good promo pic, and their act is as polished as their photo. They get the gig. Of course, if they're horrible, that's a different story, but, at least they get the gig. The most awesome band in the world can lose a gig by a bad web site, bad promo, bad demo, etc. etc. etc. Fine for dives, but if you want something else out of gigging...
Thanks stevel, I appreciate that. We were pretty fortunate to get the opportunity to do these with some pro photogs who really dig their work.

This thread is awesome -- band pics are just the worst thing ever,....seriously.

Every "promo" pic I've ever been a part of in any band I've been in just stinks and makes use look like douchbags -- brick wall or not. One of us a few years ago - it's just,...just,...haha,...
I couldn't agree more. We did a 6 hour photo shoot in a pro studio - big lights, multiple poses, clothing changes, etc. We came away with somewhere around 1300 photos. I'm guessing maybe 5-10% (and that may be generous) were good enough to use, and we spent a lot of time pre-planning too. No fault of the photographer(s) - just the modeling subjects. It's not easy to come off not looking like a db or square.

Trending Topics