• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Bands that don't/didn't get proper recognition today

wrxplayer

Gold Supporting Member
I listened to the Jefferson Airplane anthology on the train today. I think they were great: unique; musical; melodic; and excellent musicianship. IMO the historical equal of several bands from that period that seem to get more accolades today (the Doors come to mind). Others?

EricPeterson

I have always been a fan of some bands that get little recognition some that come to mind are:

Uriah Heep - simple but great songs, very good guitar tones

Big Star - I cannot say enough about these guys, excellent writing and playing great production, seriously timeless songs, unfortunately plagued by distribution problems

bassethound

I have always been a fan of some bands that get little recognition some that come to mind are:

Uriah Heep - simple but great songs, very good guitar tones

Big Star - I cannot say enough about these guys, excellent writing and playing great production, seriously timeless songs, unfortunately plagued by distribution problems
Good call with Big Star.:agree

jb1984

Jellyfish, Jason Falkner, Aimee Mann, The Grays, Missing Persons, Brendan Benson, The Zombies.

jpervin

Silver Supporting Member
Black Oak Arkansas
Brian Auger's Oblivion Express
Budgie
Cactus
Fridjid Pink
Hawkwind
Michael Quatro

dantedayjob

All above are great examples, I add these;

Scorpions, Uli Roth era
CDB, Tommy Crain era
Siouxsie and The Banshees
Cheap Trick
Concrete Blonde
Marshall Tucker Band
Blackfoot
T Rex
The Sweet
Suzi Quatro
Slade

I could go on...

Lance

Gold Supporting Member
The Hellecasters! Even thopugh not all of them played Fender stuff, there should be a picture of them on almost everything Fender makes. They are the epitome of the old school Fender sound, and style.

mcdonaldkd

The Replacements
And here in the U.S. Paul Weller
Agreed. Love Paul Weller - Style Council was great, as have been most of his efforts.

More recently, I don't think Gin Blossoms gets the recognition they should.

Currently, The Hold Steady don't get much respect.

bluesjunior

From the USA although they have always been critically acclaimed I don't think 70's Little Feat with Lowell George got the public recognition they deserved. From the UK the Scottish band Stone the Crows had it all, a great singer in Maggie Bell and a great lead guitar in Les Harvey the young brother of Alex Harvey. Unfortunately Les got electrocuted on stage when his guitar shorted on a mic stand and the band broke up but all the remaining members became successful in their later careers.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stone_the_Crows

Trending Topics