• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Bands where the guitarist is the least recognizable or least cool member

Scott SG

.\
Silver Supporting Member
Rick Nielsen?

but maybe he is just trying to not look cool with his funny hats?

Strummerfan

I'm excluding bands with multiple guitarists, but this is my quick list:

Motley Crue
Rush
The Police

Others?
Both Alex Lifeson and Andy Summers are highly respected, well loved guitar players. Being in bands with very famous frontmen doesn't mean they are overshadowed. Sting never had the success in his solo career that he had with the Police, Andy's playing was a huge part of that success, his style easily as recognizable as Stings vocals. And I don't think you could find a Rush fan who didn't feel they were a sum of their parts, each member as important and iconic as the other two. Sorry, I can't agree with their inclusions in this list.

dangeroso

Silver Supporting Member
Both Alex Lifeson and Andy Summers are highly respected, well loved guitar players. Being in bands with very famous frontmen doesn't mean they are overshadowed. Sting never had the success in his solo career that he had with the Police, Andy's playing was a huge part of that success, his style easily as recognizable as Stings vocals. And I don't think you could find a Rush fan who didn't feel they were a sum of their parts, each member as important and iconic as the other two. Sorry, I can't agree with their inclusions in this list.
I think you are overthinking it. Step outside of the guitarist circle and most people would find those guys to be the least recognizable people in their bands. Which does not have anything to do with their contributions or their talent.

Sting not being as successful has nothing to do with his recognizability.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom