• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Bands You Saw Live, Before You Got Into Them?

BrettMS

311. They played a free concert my freshman year at Ole Miss. Knew very little of them, but they tore it up that night. Knew even less of the opening band, No Doubt. I'll not forget watching a beautiful, uninhibited and unknown Gwen Stefani captivating the students shortly before Just a Girl hit the airwaves.

tribalfusion

Von Hertzen Brothers.

They were supposed to be this annoying support band for the glorious Pain of Salvation we only had to suffer through in order to get to the PoS we came for.
It was the singular event where I liked the unknown support band more than the actual main act I am a fan of and familiar with. It took them 30 seconds to win the crowd. I guess Gildenlöw was pretty bummed about his support act choice.

Hardcore fan ever since.
Van Hertzen Brothers are a great band not mentioned enough around here...

Walter Boots

I saw AC/DC with Bon open for Nugent,no clue about them,never heard of them before.They blew Nugent off the stage,Did Angus on Bon's shoulders out in the crowd,tight 35 minute set with great songs.
I bought an AC/DC shirt that night,and started tracking down their LP's.

S3bird

I went to a Weezer concert and they had Jimmy Eat world as the first act. However the middle band was called Tenacious D. Had no idea what to expect as two average guys with acoustic guitars came and both my wife and I left as fans.

Tone chader

I was just getting into "John Hiatt" when I saw him back in 1993. He became one of my favorite singer-songwriters.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom