Bands you shouldn't like, but secretly do

porcytree

Seriously, Knopfler is someone i regard as a great guitar player......i also admire the work he puts into preserving old recording techniques and analogue gear ( and training new guys how to use it ) .... but i never really took to the band or their songs.

jogogonne

Whitney Houston
Mariah Carey
Whispers
O-Jays

Big R&B fan. A lot of my friends listened to that, so it shaped my musical ear.

I also prefer Kenny G to Pat Metheny. Who else here is man enough to admit that?

I've also tried to learn MMM-Bop by Hanson and the vocal harmonies too.

Drops mic and leaves room... :cool:

porcytree

Whitney Houston
Mariah Carey
Whispers
O-Jays

Big R&B fan. A lot of my friends listened to that, so it shaped my musical ear.

I also prefer Kenny G to Pat Metheny. Who else here is man enough to admit that?

I've also tried to learn MMM-Bop by Hanson and the vocal harmonies too.

Drops mic and leaves room... :cool:

^^^^^ WINNER

Steadfastly

OK, in response to the fine 'Bands you're supposed to like but don't' thread... how about bands that are dismissed by your peers, but who you have a huge and secret admiration for?
Now, if I told you, it wouldn't be a secret anymore would it. Nope. Nice try but I ain't falling for that. :D

Canard

At the risk of being exiled from my home and native land, I only like a few songs by The Tragically Hip. Not a huge fan otherwise.

MisterTV

Supporting Member
I wouldn’t say I dismiss anyone outright, but there are artists I respect and can listen to in small amounts - but just can’t ever take a deeper dive.

Neil Young, for example. Always impressed when I hear him, but would never think to listen to an entire album.

chopsley

Silver Supporting Member
I think it says a lot about TGP (and probably human beings in general) that this thread is about 2 pages long, and the "bands you should like, but really hate" thread is about 45 pages long.

Anyway, to answer the question, I don't think there are any bands I shouldn't like. I do have more of an appreciation for some things that I used to dislike when I was younger -- Hall & Oates, some metal (non-hair variety), etc. And there are other bands I used to like, but no longer do.

Trending Topics