• New Sponsor: ShipNerd, Ship Your Gear with Us... for less! Click Here.

Banned from Reverb

ummohyeah

I never really even thought this was a possibility. It pisses me off people do this stuff. PJ's rocks and wood in a box is awful, but damn did I laugh reading that. What a clown to claim he got rocks.

Even though it sucks this happened to you OP, it made me aware this is a possibility and now I'll be more cautious with my pics and sales

There's some real jerks out there. I had a customer request I ship a speaker cabinet without the speakers after he paid for it -- told me just to keep the speakers. Three months later he filed a claim with Paypal stating item was not as described due to there being no speakers. They dipped into my bank account and gave him a full refund despite me sending them the e-mail conversation. :bitch

Slevin

Did you get a chance to leave your feedback yet? If you didn't, wait until you're no longer suspended and do the rest of the users justice. If you did. Wait until you are no longer suspended, do the reverb chat with someone who works there, hope it's not Neal, and ask to reverse your review and explain why

Last edited:

jm9239

Silver Supporting Member
OP, I'm sorry to hear about your experience and feel your pain. I have 100% positive feedback across every site. However, I'm dealing with a situation on Reverb right now where I think the buyer either improperly powered a pedal and damaged it or doesn't understand how the pedal he purchased is supposed to sound. In hundreds of transactions I have never seen a situation like this. Reverb has offered little help and no real protection for the seller. Their proposed solution is to have me issue the buyer a full refund AND cover the shipping back to me. If the buyer did in fact damage the pedal, I'd have to eat it all. And if the buyer just doesn't understand how the pedal is supposed to sound, I'll have to eat the shipping and then won't be able to sell it as new. Mind you, my shop policy is that all sales are final and there are no refunds.

Sigh, it sounds like I'll have to go with PayPal gift only, forums, local, etc.

danoverb

Have you contacted @danoverb?

Here I am right on queue, I guess. I'm only just learning of this situation and am, of course, looking into it cause clearly something is amiss. OP - I'm very sorry you've had to deal with this and regardless of what went down, if our service was anything less than friendly and reasonable, that's just unacceptable to me and will be dealt with at all levels internally. Let me just get with some of the agents involved and see exactly where we ****ed up so we can make it right.

For now, I just want point out taking a step back for a minute that it really pains me when I read accusations about us being just like ebay and being too pro-buyer. Imagine if it was a buyer getting scammed in a case like this one making a post and we sided with the seller. There'd be the exact same response saying that we're too interested in protecting sellers on our site. The bottom line is we think of everyone on our site as a person and try to take disputes on a very human, case by case basis. Obviously we have to make judgements and sometimes we make mistakes which seems to be what happened here.

goodhonk

Here I am right on queue, I guess. I'm only just learning of this situation and am, of course, looking into it cause clearly something is amiss. OP - I'm very sorry you've had to deal with this and regardless of what went down, if our service was anything less than friendly and reasonable, that's just unacceptable to me and will be dealt with at all levels internally. Let me just get with some of the agents involved and see exactly where we ****ed up so we can make it right.

For now, I just want point out taking a step back for a minute that it really pains me when I read accusations about us being just like ebay and being too pro-buyer. Imagine if it was a buyer getting scammed in a case like this one making a post and we sided with the seller. There'd be the exact same response saying that we're too interested in protecting sellers on our site. The bottom line is we think of everyone on our site as a person and try to take disputes on a very human, case by case basis. Obviously we have to make judgements and sometimes we make mistakes which seems to be what happened here.

Since we've got your ear.

Reverb was a lot more interesting before stores started dumping their inventory there. Maybe a cap on how much you can list, or how much unsold inventory you can put on there? Certainly doesnt make much business sense to you guys but it feels just like ebay now.

danoverb

Reverb was a lot more interesting before stores started dumping their inventory there. Maybe a cap on how much you can list, or how much unsold inventory you can put on there? Certainly doesnt make much business sense to you guys but it feels just like ebay now.

Totally. We recognize this issue and are working on some solutions, though I'm hesitant to do anything that discourages anyone from listing what they want. Are you aware of the new/used filter that's at the top of every page? That really does a lot to remove the noise.

Ivo

g1JHZ8F.jpg

PedalFreak

Especially since they're owned by Chicago Music Exchange. CME wants a place to get rid of their stuff too. Great thing is it's a site of just music gear, run by musicians and gear nuts. That makes it ok in my book :) It's pretty easy to wade through the stores if you don't want to see there stuff.

As far as what the thread is about, I've worried about this for years. I've sold hundreds of items, and have always worried that one day someone would do a swap and say I didn't ship the right item to them. Which then becomes this bad case of "he said, she said." Can you imagine someone buying a Klon then taking a photo of a DS-1 and saying they never received the Klon :eek:

Kylote

Knobs do appear in the same position, the shadowing is the same and the scratches are the same o_O

goodhonk

Totally. We recognize this issue and are working on some solutions, though I'm hesitant to do anything that discourages anyone from listing what they want. Are you aware of the new/used filter that's at the top of every page? That really does a lot to remove the noise.

Yeah, ebay has that too.

dwoverdrive

Silver Supporting Member
All of these sites have the same flaw. They do everything to protect the buyer and the seller gets the shaft. Ebay is the same way. Ive had a good experience with Reverb so far which is why this sucks. The guy who works there was probably excited he found what he thought was someone elses image and was probably thinking he did an awesome thing by busting this scammer. But when you send the image back proving it was yours, thats his cue to step up, apologize and mediate the situation to find some common ground.

sleewell

it would be nice if this was an option on the mobile app. to my knowledge you can only filter out the new items on the site on a computer. on my phone there is no way to browse all the used listings and filter out the new items.

danoverb

I don't really want to air out more of this situation publicly here but I think I have a better grasp on exactly what went down. @facefirst -- if you can please get in contact with me privately at dano @reverb.com I'm happy to work with you to find some sort of solution. I'll leave it at that.

danoverb

it would be nice if this was an option on the mobile app. to my knowledge you can only view the used items on the site on a computer. on my phone there is no way to browse all listings and filter out the new items.

AFAIK after you do a search, there's a little drop down in the top right corner that lets you add filters like this in the app.

Kylote

it would be nice if this was an option on the mobile app. to my knowledge you can only view the used items on the site on a computer. on my phone there is no way to browse all listings and filter out the new items.
True, my other request would be browsing individual pedal categories on the mobile app. I can't just look at overdrives, I can add them to my feed and then look at them in my feed, but my feed already has other categories added to it so I still am not seeing just overdrives.

Trending Topics

Top Bottom