1. The Rules have been updated regarding posting as a business on TGP. Thread with details here: Thread Here
    Dismiss Notice

Banzai Fireball Jensen C12N Engl Screamer

Discussion in 'Member Video and Sound Clips' started by marinblues, Oct 15, 2005.

1. marinblues

marinblues Member

I took out the heavy metal Celestion from my Engl and put in a Fendery Jensen C12N into it. Its a totally different amp now...I need to get used to it. :eek: This is the test drive:

http://www.marinblues.it/music/rainymondaymarin.mp3

I used the Banzai Fireball on the clean channel. The guitar is a Telecaster. I'll try the 335 tomorrow.

thanks for listening.

Marin

2. gsozz

gsozz Member

Your playing cooks man:dude
    I love it ,a nd the tone of the speaker is great too. I always prefered the "fender" tone fo da bluz;)
    What pickups do you use in your tele? They look like Joe Barden's
    They sound great
    gsozz

3. marinblues

marinblues Member

Oh, the picture on my site are quite old....the Tele now has Kinman Broadcasters. I still have the Bardens, but I need another Tele to put them in to.

The Jensen's are made locally (Italy) so they're easy to get and relatively cheap. I'm told that mine still has to "break in". I still haven't decided whether I like it or not. Soloing with this sound still doesn't produce that "positive feedback" I get elsewhere.

thanks

Marin

4. Rid

Rid Senior Member

Heh brought down the mids to a lower level eh??
    I have a love/hate relationship with those speakers myself:D
    Nice playing and the tone was defently different;)

5. marinblues

marinblues Member

Over the weekend I noticed that the JJ Ecc83 in V1 had been replaced with a Ruby 12ax7. I put back a JJ in V1 and a EH 12AX7 in the V2 and some midrange and dynamics came back. Still, the amp sounds less "middish" than before. The issue that I had before is that the stock speaker (Celestion V80 Silver Series) was plenty of "good midrange" but a lot "bad piercing midrange" as well.

Any recommendations for a moderately midrangey speaker with smooth highs? Celestion V30?

6. Rid

Rid Senior Member

That one or the G12H 30 watts one, just don't play too loud then:D
    But that one always sounded just right to my ears.