Banzai stuff

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by Davy Jones, Jul 15, 2006.

1. Davy Jones

Davy Jones Member

It amazes me that the popularity of the Banzai pedals has not skyrocketed like it has for some others. I cannot find fault with my Cold Fusion drive, the perfect low gain bluesy drive pedal. When it stopped working, the maker offered to repair it for free, despite the pedal being several years old and obviously having had hard use in a previous life. I can't fault the man or his product, so why the lack of interest? I was able to pick up a nearly new Fireball II on ebay this week for just over 1/3 of the retail price.

It makes me wonder how much of the runaway popularity of certain pedals (I own some of them) is hype. Maybe everyone will go and buy Banzai stuff now:roll

2. gururyan

gururyan Member

[​IMG]

I had mine for 2 years, sold it for some stupid reason and miss it everyday.

3. The Eristic

The Eristic Member

I've wanted to try the Banzai line forever, just because of how badass the pedals look! :^|

4. Gibsonchild

Gibsonchild Member

Banzai was all the rage aroung the time they changed to the new style boxes like guruyan's pictured above. But just like it always happens, eventually there was a new flavor of the month and they kinda fell back under the radar. It's a shame too, Olaf is a really nice guy. I spoke to him via email several years back about modding mine.

I had a Fireball I for a long time, 4-5 years maybe? It was my main od for about 2 years. I really liked it, but a few months back, I sold almost all of my pedals and completely revamped my rig. No reason other than I just needed a new sound. I'd still like to get my hands on a FB2. The FB1 had just a little bit of bottom end loss and the FB2 supposedly addressed that, along w/ a few other minor mods.

5. RMC519

RMC519 Supporting Member

Had an FB2...wish I kept it. Along with so many other pedals, guitars, amps....must invent time machine.-m

6. PB Wilson

PB Wilson Member

I really dig my Fireball II. I've had it for a while and it sounds great. Take the time to dial in the trimmers and internal switches and you'll see what a flexible pedal it is.

7. theelectic

theelectic Guest

8. gururyan

gururyan Member

9. Gibsonchild

Gibsonchild Member

Yeah, that thread's a pretty interesting read. If it turns out that Olaf is intentionally ripping people off, that's just sad. I sure hope that's not the case tho.

10. Davy Jones

Davy Jones Member

Interesting. Why would a talented guy do something like that? Makes me wonder if it is as clear cut as it seems.