Barber Barb -E.Q users - question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by john b, Jan 26, 2008.

1. john b

john b Supporting Member

Where do you put this in line on your pedal board? I've got one coming in and am wondering if, as an e.q. it goes last after delay or doesn't really matter.

What's working for you and how do you like this pedal? It looks totally cool and I can't wait to try it in front of my Swart STR. Thanks.

2. pdouds

pdouds Member

i almost bought one, bought the love pedal super6 instead, but i am wondering the same thing as you. let me know how you like it, ok?

3. john b

john b Supporting Member

I should have it early in the week. After I put some time in on it, I'll put up a few impressions.

I've seen them all over peep's boards and was wondering if there is any reason to put them one place or another. Can't seem to find this talked about on the Barber forum on TPN either.

4. mjcyates

mjcyates Member

I have mine last in line, however, I do not use any delay, so not sure how it would impact that. My chain is Boss TU2>Barber Tone Press>Barber DDLG>Barber Direct Drive>Barber DDSS>Barb E.Q..

5. TanquerayCowboy

TanquerayCowboy Senior Member

Mine is last in a chain of five pedals including a tuner. I put it there because I wanted it to be the last stop in the signal train, and after an analog delay. An email to Barber confirmed as much.

I use it mainly to make my little Gibson GA-5 sound like a faux Vibro-Champ (with a Fluttertone engaged, another fantastic pedal).

It really sucks the mids right out. Great for going back and forth between rhythm and lead.

6. nrvana8775

nrvana8775 Member

I ordered mine from barber on monday, still not in.

Sorry for hijack, but it's the same question. Would this lineup work?

Volume Pedal -> Tuner
    ->Tone Press ->Replica -> Analogman Delay -> TR2 -> Barbeq

7. sa1126

sa1126 Member

I use mine after dirt and it stays on all the time. After much testing, it sounded best there.

8. SuperSoundMusic

SuperSoundMusic Member

I can't explain why, maybe Dave can but I find using it at the end of my chain or as close to the end of my chain as possible makes my pedal board quieter. I notice much less noise when I put my Barb EQ at the tail end.

9. Faderjockey

Faderjockey Member

I haven't played out with it.. But in my studio I've used it last and sometimes in the middle. Depends on what I'm going for.. If I need to tweak the tone more of a dirt pedal then it will come after.. Sometimes I run it before.

I like it most times after the Tone Press.. I would use it this way live. But in the studio I have used it before the comp to have the tone press control some of the EQ. But that's on more weird filler gtr tones...

But I guess I find myself more using it last where a preamp would go normally.. Having the EQ to sweeten the whole chain.

10. john b

john b Supporting Member

Thanks for all the useful answers everyone.

Ronni - nice to have you on the board, welcome! Appreciate you input on this one.

Mine should be here this week, looking forward to it.

11. SuperSoundMusic

SuperSoundMusic Member

Thats how I would run it. Should work great.