Barber black LTD and LTD SR together

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by SHM, Jun 21, 2008.

1. SHM

SHM Member

I have the black LTD and think its one of the best OD I ever heard. Now, I just got the SR from a TGP member, and looking forward getting my hands on it.

I want to know if anybody use these two together, and if so, do they work well together.

Søren

2. jpagey

jpagey Supporting Member

Try the Barber Forum:

http://www.tpngear.com/forum/index.php?showforum=8

They probably have the answer there. The Barber Custom Shop started buidling dual discrete drives: 2 stackable pedals - your choice of two of the 3 knob Barber pedals. I'll bet a dual LTD, Black and SR would be very cool.

Last edited: Jun 21, 2008
  3. Benee Wafers

Benee Wafers Member

According to what i've read I don't think they would... the Barber LTD would defeat the purpose of the Special Recipe.
    Benee

4. High Voltage

High Voltage Member

Yea I have both. I like the SR way better.

5. Thazy

Thazy Member

I have the LTD SR and combine it with a Timmy and the two work very well together. I would think the two LTD's would work very well together too.

6. gatordoc

gatordoc Member

Hi Dave, have you ever tried running a Muff or Fuzz Face style pedal into the SR? I believe Gilmour sometimes ran a Big Muff into a Tube Driver to smooth out/tame the Muff with great results, I was wondering because the SR has a flat EQ response whether this could work much the same way? I know you make the Trifecta so thought you might have experimented with such a combination.

7. Binaural

Binaural Supporting Member

I use the LTD / LTD SR combo all the time in the studio. I run the LTD SR into the LTD and love the tone, sounds best with single coils. I also often boost with the LTD SR, stacking it with an Analogman Sunface NKT -275, this also produces an amazing tone.