• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Barber Burn Unit or Tone Pump vs. Addrock NSOY

Hoodster

I'm looking for a two-stage drive pedal and am wondering if anyone has compared either of the Barber units with the Addrock Not So Old Yeller. I use a Rivera Clubster 25 on the clean channel with either a Strat or Teles and I'm looking for something that can be set up for two different levels of overdrive. I am not a TS fan, which makes me a little concerned about the Addrock, and I've owned a Direct Drive in the past and really enjoy that tone, which leads me to lean toward a Barber product.

I'm also considering the Diamond J-Drive....

Any input much appreciated.

modernp

Barber all the way. I own both and that is all I need for my over drive/distortion sounds.

johndara

I own a Not So Ol' Yellar and I don't find it to be like a TS. There is no mid hump at all. Addrocks are underrated in my opinion. I would give it a shot and if it doesn't work out just return it..I think you'll be surprised.

GuitarBrent

Since I shot the video and own the NSOY, I'd have to respectfully disagree (I've owned original 808s, TS-9s, and TS-10s, so I know what a TS sounds like). The NSOY has way more gain than a TS and is much more amp-like. It has more high end, much less of a mid hump, and more bass.

Other than that, it's just like it! :rolleyes:

Hoodster

I like your playing but the tone just didn't sound very smooth to me--could be the recording, but it was a little too in your face for me.

I really liked the feedback bit, though!

Trending Topics