• Supporting Membership Changes

The Supporting Memberships are currently being updated moving forward.

In order to coordinate giveaway drawings to the Supporting Members there will be a new alignment in the naming of the tiers. (Note: Non-Supporting (Basic) and Monthly Supporting Members can get into the drawings by mailing a postcard. Details on that will follow with a giveaway starting soon).

The pricing for each Supporting Membership level remains the same though the naming of them will change. The privileges remain the same as current but with the new name. If you are a current Supporting Member, you will be upgraded automatically for the existing term of your Supporting Membership. We are introducing a new tier with new perks.

Table here

Supporting Membership Guide

• Monthly Supporting Members will remain Supporting Members
    • Current annual Supporting Members will now be Silver Supporting Members. Perks and permissions remain the same
    • Current Silver Supporting Members will now be Gold Supporting Members
    • Current Gold Supporting Members will now be Platinum Supporting Members
    • A new level will be created - Double Platinum Supporting Members

All memberships will now have the option to remain as non-recurring memberships or choose reccuring memberships moving forward. *Note: current memberships will NOT be changed to recurring memberships.

Barber Direct Drive and Box of Rock

Rock72

I am looking to complement (not replace) my Direct Drive. One of the pedals I am considering is the Box of Rock. Is there anyone out here who has/had both and can tell me if they are disimilar enough to have both.

Cheers,
Christian

enditol

I had a DDSS I would say they are pretty different. The DD had more gain and a different midrange focus, more modern sounding I suppose. The BOR is fatter, has less gain and includes the excellent boost function as well.

89strat

I would think that they're both in the same territory. I had a DD and thought it was pretty marshall sounding. However, I like the way it sounded with my sparkle drive either in front or behind it.

Dave

I had a DDSS I would say they are pretty different. The DD had more gain and a different midrange focus, more modern sounding I suppose. The BOR is fatter, has less gain and includes the excellent boost function as well.
That's pretty accurate. I would add that the BoR has a bigger(some would say too big), looser(some would say too loose) low end. They're very different IMO.

joemesser

I think they're very different. The BOR really sounds like a vintage Marshall. It's uncanny to me. It has that sag thing going on and blooms slower, sweeter. The mosfet thing really makes for very complex and rich harmonics. The boost is really awesome!

The DD sounds pretty much like a clearer TS with more gain. I do like that dumble type setting on that one.