1. A proposal is now up as a poll to change the guidelines of TGP to only allow member self-deleting of post/threads for up to thirty days of the original posting it. We are now watching the poll here. Click here to view the thread.

Dismiss Notice

Barber Direct Drive question

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by 6Tones, May 22, 2011.

1. 6Tones

6Tones Member

Ive been running a Barber DD and LTD Live ,though both sound quite good , I find the LTD just cuts better with more clarity where the DD is darker n just doesnt have the presence of the LTD...Should I tweak the presence pot inside the DD?
    Anyone have similiar experiences?

2. jamiefbolton

jamiefbolton Supporting Member

3. lloyd17

lloyd17 Member

FWIW the DD tone control is 'neutral' around 2 o'clock

4. vintage66

vintage66 Member

Well I was about to sell mine. I guess I need to open it up and tweak a little.

5. mlt1214

mlt1214 Member

When I had the DD I didn't find the presence knob to do all that much- it did cut a little better but I think it's just a darker-sounding OD and will only get so bright. But as someone else mentioned, for a more "neutral" tone you need to set the tone knob at about 1:30-2 oclock. I liked it a lot when I used it with Fender amps, which I usually find too bright for my taste.

6. wizard333

wizard333 Member

I usually crank the tone or keep it at least 3:00 at the lowest, and keep the presence high.

7. DanR

DanR Member

I gig with mine regularly. My DD is an older one without the internal 'presence' control. I usually have my tone control at 3:00 and it cuts through just fine, not to mention it sounds great!