Barber Direct Drive V3 is the real deal

cg

Silver Supporting Member
I have owned a big box Direct Drive forever and still love it. I was curious to see what the new V3 was like. After playing with it for a few days, I can tell you it is truly awesome. Dave just gets it right with his pedals. Very amp like. All the gain I need. That Suhr Eclipse you see is very likely coming off of the board soon. I run my pedals into a Suhr Bella combo and I have never had better tone. Very happy!

AceBSpankin

Prince of Ales
Supporting Member
Played through mine last night...
Awesome and amazing!!
Kicked my Ethos Trainwreck to the curb.
Clean to Scream...
Done and done!!

I have been hooked on the Lovepedal Purple Plexi for years.
It's now replaced also!!

Killer in low gain and high gain mode.
Pushed by my BUSS
Fan****in'tastic

cg

Silver Supporting Member
Awesome and amazing!!
Clean to Scream...
Done and done!!

It's now replaced also!!

Pushed by my BUSS
Fan****in'tastic
I can see buying a 2nd - one for low gain and one for high gain.

guitarman92

I have owned a big box Direct Drive forever and still love it. I was curious to see what the new V3 was like. After playing with it for a few days, I can tell you it is truly awesome. Dave just gets it right with his pedals. Very amp like. All the gain I need. That Suhr Eclipse you see is very likely coming off of the board soon. I run my pedals into a Suhr Bella combo and I have never had better tone. Very happy!

Care to elaborate on why the DD outshines the eclipse?

cbpickin

Tweed Supporting Member
Silver Supporting Member
It really is great. The lower gain sounds are some of the best I have ever gotten out of my clean amp. The frequencies are just perfect for coming through a full band mix. At first, I thought the highs were a little too smooth for me, and then I turned up my amp. Just perfectly voiced.

Last edited:

BluesBUSTER

Supporting Member
Awesome and amazing!!
Clean to Scream...
Done and done!!

It's now replaced also!!

Pushed by my BUSS
Fan****in'tastic
We need pics of your board. I still love the Purple Plexi (a lot!) but the Barber can give it a run for the money

:worthless

sstweed

Silver Supporting Member
I didn't even think about that as an option!
Pretty sure Dave builds custom double drives. They are usually in the 1/2 Gainer sized box though. But it’s two complete pedals and it’s really not that much wider than a single.

Strumlord

Pretty sure Dave builds custom double drives. They are usually in the 1/2 Gainer sized box though. But it’s two complete pedals and it’s really not that much wider than a single.
People keep talking about the 1/2 gainer, anyone compare this and the DDv3 or v2 for that matter?

sstweed

Silver Supporting Member
The 1/2 Gainer is an LtD circuit. It doesn’t sound too much like the DD. But it has the mid Control like the GCX and can be tweaked to sound exactly like the LTD SR and the LTD v2. Plus you have the footswitch to go back and forth between two volume and gain settings. GREAT pedal.

Trending Topics