Barber Direct Drive V3 is the real deal

BenTobith

Symmetrically Hard Clipped
Gold Supporting Member
I just picked up a v3 Direct Drive. I see on the Barber website for the v4, it can run at 9v–18v.

Anyone have a recommendation on 9v vs. 18v for the v3? Or can someone confirm 18v is okay for the v3 as well?

batsbrew

I just picked up a v3 Direct Drive. I see on the Barber website for the v4, it can run at 9v–18v.

Anyone have a recommendation on 9v vs. 18v for the v3? Or can someone confirm 18v is okay for the v3 as well?
Definitely 18 V It is worth the trouble and effort

Jim Marciano

Supporting Member
Is that because of Barber stopping production? You think the price on all used Barber pedals is going to go way up?
they have started going up in some cases, probably not every model but the compact gain changer and direct drive will probably go up....not saying in the emporium specifically but reverb and i think guitar center raised a few prices

Alton

uhh...wait, so Barber has retired?
No. NOT retired at this point. COVID19 restricted suppliers for boxes and components -> this prevents Barber getting supplies so Barber cannot build -> Since Barber cannot build means Barber cannot be in production so it's a waste of money to stay open ->
this means YOU and ME won't be seeing or buying any NEW Barber pedals for a while until such time as Barber reopens production facility.

No. NOT retired at this point. COVID19 restricted suppliers for boxes and components -> this prevents Barber getting supplies so Barber cannot build -> Since Barber cannot build means Barber cannot be in production so it's a waste of money to stay open ->
this means YOU and ME won't be seeing or buying any NEW Barber pedals for a while until such time as Barber reopens production facility.
thanks for clarifying!

Trending Topics