Barber family of overdrives

duality

SO I got a 2004 LTD with a green LED

It sounds awesome

is this a "SR" or not?
Does "Special Recipe" just mean flatter EQ response?

David B

SO I got a 2004 LTD with a green LED

It sounds awesome
tone and
is this a "SR" or not?
Does "Special Recipe" just mean flatter EQ response?

Look for the cream knobs and the .047 cap (marked on the PCB as .039) between the tone and volume pots. Green LED was used on most LTD SR, but plenty of Barber pedals have either green or red LED in them depending on what we could get from the supplier. LED is never an indicator of a specific model with Barber pedals, availability of LEDs and colorblindness mean anything could happen with the indicator LED.

The LTD SR was flatter EQ than the standard LTD.

duality

Look for the cream knobs and the .047 cap (marked on the PCB as .039) between the tone and volume pots. Green LED was used on most LTD SR, but plenty of Barber pedals have either green or red LED in them depending on what we could get from the supplier. LED is never an indicator of a specific model with Barber pedals, availability of LEDs and colorblindness mean anything could happen with the indicator LED.

The LTD SR was flatter EQ than the standard LTD.

Looks like a Standard then.

Thank you Mr. Barber.

H9m0jpy.jpg

Kevsonic

Silver Supporting Member
I just acquired a Barber UnLtd and a Barber 1/2 Gainer (to add to my Barber arsenal).

Just incredible drives. They just sound like a natural extension of the amp.

I recently got these two as well and I wholeheartedly agree! I may not always keep the UnLtd on my board, but man, if you ever see me selling either of these it's a sign that I'm being held hostage for ransom!

Gain Changer is great!
i only use that and the mini Nobes (only one at a time, i switch them out on a board) for blasters. between that and a fuzz box, i’m all set. i almost never play high-gain live, but i’ve used the GC cranked up for recording, and it has plenty of gain. plenty. i find that the voicing switch setting differences are fairly subtle, but good to have.
really well implemented tone knob - is it a tilt EQ?

anyways, it’s cheap too.
great pedal. i would highly recommend it.

duality

as far as Gain Changers go -

is there an easy way to discern between SR and non-SR ?

I've noticed some GC's are white, some are grey

duality

Today we welcome a new addition to our family
Another LTD v1
This one from 2005 and with a red LED

69ArSa1.jpg

and the one i had before, a 2004 with a green led:

H9m0jpy.jpg

...and now I notice they have different JRC chips

the plot thickens!

Last edited:

sstweed

Silver Supporting Member
I bought into some of the hype that the green led LTD v1 was better than the red led v1. A quick email to Mr Barber straightened me out. He said he just had a bunch of both color led’s and grabbed which ever. No other difference. Don’t pay more for a green version. Please Mr Barber correct me if I have misrepresented your info.

duality

I bought into some of the hype that the green led LTD v1 was better than the red led v1. A quick email to Mr Barber straightened me out. He said he just had a bunch of both color led’s and grabbed which ever. No other difference. Don’t pay more for a green version. Please Mr Barber correct me if I have misrepresented your info.

yep he clarified that for me earlier in the thread

howevers...
we have 2 different op amps between 2004 v1 and 2005 v1
and possibly differently oriented trim pots tho i guess that is arbitrary

Trending Topics

Top Bottom