Today we welcome a new addition to our family
Another LTD v1
This one from 2005 and with a red LED

69ArSa1.jpg

and the one i had before, a 2004 with a green led:

H9m0jpy.jpg

...and now I notice they have different JRC chips

the plot thickens!

The second pic is a repair or modification, my guess is that's when the op-amp was swapped. It likely started life with a 072D like all LTD v1 and v2.

duality

The second pic is a repair or modification, my guess is that's when the op-amp was swapped. It likely started life with a 072D like all LTD v1 and v2.

hell yeah. this sort of made my night... i have a stock LTD and a modded one.

David B

hell yeah. this sort of made my night... i have a stock LTD and a modded one.
You can see the resistor that is attached to the wiper of the bass trim does not normally go there. So, yeah!:D

Also the cap below the resistor clearly took some heat.

urQuill

g.f.a.
Silver Supporting Member
The old big box LTD was always my favorite. I need to go find one now. :)

Good luck! I had a big-box silver LTD, gave it to a friend, would love to find another. The boxes weren’t that big. A nice size, I thought. Beautiful sounding thing. Maybe my favourite I ever heard. I had a GCX, too, also wonderful. In the hands of a pro player who needs needs it. But. After years of searching. Found a NOS Burn Unit. That isn’t going anywhere.

conanb

Barber LTD SR is just the finest voiced OD of all time. Got the GC thinking i could move the LTD on, and it was amazing, but I couldn't dial in the LTD SR tones so I moved it on. Such a great pedal.

duality

wanna see if i have this right

LTD v1
LTD v2 (also black) are SR (lately i've seen a 2009 and 2011)
LTD Silver are also SR?

fred_

Silver Supporting Member
Check this link for some info on the discontinued pedals (if you haven't seen it already!) I've found it helps to differentiate some of the particulars (knob color!) with Barber pedals.
http://barberelectronics.com/archive.html Click on the pedal and you'll get a nice description of it.

I've had most of his offerings, and like others have said, they are ALL good. Once you have figured out that a Barber pedal works with your rig, i think you will find that ALL will work with your stuff... you just need to take the time to tweak if they have the internal trimmers (the older pedals). Dave has good ears!

btw, you *may* have just entered the Barber rabbit hole! (a good thing, IMHO. :))

duality

btw, you *may* have just entered the Barber rabbit hole! (a good thing, IMHO. :))

hell yeah, i agree with everything you said

thanks for that archive link
but not totally sure if LTD v1's operate at 18v... which would be even better

PB+J

I have a gain changer, no idea what version: it’s great, a great pedal. Best dirt pedal I ever tried.

it has a cream case with black knobs, I guess I should open up and try to figure out what version so I can justify buying a different version

ranchofm

I have a Gain Changer V1, Super Sport, Compact Tone Press, and I very reluctantly just sold a BUSS. Solid, great sounding workhorses.

For years, my bandmate had 2 (Two!) LTDs and 2 (Two!) Direct Drives on his board. Now he has 2 (TWO!!!) RevivalDrives, but he still has a CDD V3. Can't shake the Barber!

Trending Topics

Top Bottom