Barber Gain Changer SR!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Effects, Pedals, Strings & Things' started by JMorgan, Aug 31, 2018.

1. dhdfoster

dhdfoster Silver Supporting Member

Do any of you have any favorite toggle switch settings?

2. FenderBigot

FenderBigot Supporting Member

I should know this... but what is the primary difference(s) between the original GC and the SR version?

3. twilt

twilt Member

Ok. You've all peaked my interest.
    I gotta see what all the buzz is about. I just ordered a GC SR.
    We'll see how it pairs with my Sig X...

David B likes this.
  4. amdowell

amdowell Supporting Member

Using mine into a Mess Electra Dyne combo. My amp can be a little bottom heavy, but the GC SR really retains all the character I love about my amp and really just gives me more of what I want.

MHG likes this.
  5. dpgreek

dpgreek Supporting Member

I love Daves stuff. I got a CDD v3 and its just great. At low gain or high. I almost did a GC.... but I like the higher gain you can get from the CDD. Its also not too mids focused so it can sound like your amp but more of it in lower gain settings

David B likes this.
  6. Kevsonic

Kevsonic Supporting Member

I couldn't give a good objective report, but I the scuttlebutt I heard on it was that Dave Barber managed to make the GC warmer, and more articulate. Of course, these are qualities that the original already has in huge amounts, but somehow they did it! Some slight woofiness I get from the original (my rig is really the culprit there) is gone entirely. I still don't want to part with my GC, but my GC SR is really hitting all of my buttons.

amdowell and FenderBigot like this.
  7. MHG

MHG Member

So I've tried it with a Sportsman, Leeds 21 (74x), and JTM45. The pedal is an amazing match for the first two, but things were a bit off when paired with the JTM.

I'm using both voicings for their lower gain to mid gain tones. They both sound amazing for this application. I'm really loving the super chimey mid-gain rhythm tone and feel. It adds a certain complexity to your tone that's really addictive.

David B and Kevsonic like this.
  8. SmilingDave

SmilingDave Supporting Member

Just ordered one -- I can't wait for it to arrive! I've owned a number of Barber pedals over the years (and I never should have gotten rid of them). If I knew then what I know now ...

David B and amdowell like this.