• The Gear Page Apparel & Merch Shop is Open!

Based on member demand, The Gear Page is pleased to announce that our Apparel Merch Shop is now open. The shop’s link is in the blue Navigation bar (on the right side), “Shop,” with t-shirts, hats, neck buffs, and stickers to start. Here’s the direct link: www.thegearpageshop.com

You’ll find exclusive high-quality apparel and merchandise; all items are ethical, sustainably produced, and we will be continuously sourcing and adding new choices. 

We can ship internationally. All shipping is at cost.

Barber pedals ... Which ones?

DerekEstrada

Hey fellow tonerangers...

I've talked my boss into letting us become a Barber dealer (we're a little mom and pop shop...not GC!) and would like some input on what to order first. The pedals are for walk in customers only, or visitors to our website. We're not allowed to sell on Ebay :)dude) and we're committed to having the coolest ones in stock, in multiples.

Please help, as I don't have any myself, and trust your opinions on what ones to stock right away. I'm going to order 6 or 8 off the bat, so use that as your guideline....THANX! :RoCkIn

therhodeo

I'd start with the Direct Drive, the LTD, Small Fry, and Tone Press. 2 of each. Maybe the trifecta if you have alot of people wanting big muffs.

DerekEstrada

Great! Thanks...I don't see the Trifecta on their site? But yes, we have lots of people wanting cool fuzz pedals...I will do some more research...maybe I'm on the older barber site?

plan-x

Six to eight huh,

Direct Drive (got it with mod)
Direct Drive low gain(LG)
Tone Press (got it)
LTD v2 (got v1 modded)
LTD sr (getting it with mod)
Ltd silver
Small Fry (had it)
Trifecta (want it)

Here's the home web page. http://www.barberelectronics.com/

dancehall

As someone who's never tried a Barber pedal and would be interested in demoing one if I walked into your shop, my top 5 suggestions are:

Trifecta
Direct Drive
LTD
Tone Press
Tone Pump

and based on the number of people here who love it, I'd consider getting more than one Direct Drive.

RDM

I have 4 Barbers. If you're going to carry the LTD and DD, get 1 of each stock and 1 of them with the mod board. I'd also get the Trifecta and the Tone Press.

Junk Yard Dog

I just got a Trifecta...I dig it. It's a solid pedal with versatility in it's overall sound. I'll be checking out other Barber pedals as a result.​

Padsy9

It all depends on your clientele. I own 5 barber pedals and you won't go wrong stocking any of them. I'd probably go Small Fry, a few LTDs, Tone Press and Direct Drive. but you'll get the best advice from Dave Barber himself.

houvin

No one has mentioned the Launch Pad. Is this an OK pedal? I'm looking for a boost to go with my Silver LTD. Is this a weaker one in the line?

do you think your store would move a lot of compression pedals? i myself would love a tone press...but i think the majority of people that walk into mom and pop shops would buy overdrive/distortion...i think it just depends on what kind of stuff you guys are moving the most of right now..

DerekEstrada

Thanks for all the help...basically just went for it and ordered a couple of each of the small pedals....looking forward to trying them all out and accquiring a few myself!

jpagey

I have nearly all of Barber's pedals and have tried 2 of the 4 I do not own:

Barebr DD
Barber LTD
Barber TP EQ
Barber BUEQ
Barber Tone Press
Barber Small Fry

wleeds

If you're going to stock something new and don't want to ever be stuck with old inventory:
LTD-V2 - lo/mid drive, probably the most friendly.(?) for somenone new to Barber.
DD w/mod board - versatile heavy OD
SMALL FRY - Zendrive killer
TONE PRESS - compressor killer
TRIFECTA - though I don't own one, yet, supposed to be a versatile fuzz

Put them all on a demo board in front of a DRRI and Strat and watch them fly out the door.
Class guy and great stuff.

mark

Trending Topics